Friday, August 24, 2007

Sophia gets pierced

Yesterday Sophia who is 6 got her ears pierced at Libby Lu's. I told her she could pick out any pair she'd like. Mendy told me to try to get her the plain white ones, because the flowers were more expensive. So I pointed out the diamond ones, and she did pick those, but she has my taste and didn't get the little white diamonds, but the biggest ones, so it was more pricey. But who can blame her, you want to be able to see them from across the room.
Before the lady did it, she asked her how she felt and Sophia said, "Scared." But she wanted her heart shaped diamond earrings, so she let the two ladies pierce her ears. They did a great job. Right when they were finished, Sophia jumped out of the chair and started heading out the door. I told her to sit down, look in the mirror and relax a little bit. As we continued to shop, she'd admire her new accessories in every mirror.






Maia and Sophia so
thrilled with their
ears!








Sophia is very diligent about turning her earrings at least three times a day. And she even woke me up at 7:00 in the morning to put her solution on them. I very patiently explained that she doesn't have to do that first thing in the morning, especially if I'm sleeping. Now Selena is asking for her diamonds too.



11 comments:

Kellie said...

What a fun memory. She is just beautiful. And smart, because she already knows that diamonds are, of course, a girl's best friend.

Jann said...

This is such a great mother, daughter experience. How fun. She looks absolutely thrilled in the pictures.

Amber said...

Sophia you look so pretty! I think it is awesome you got your ears pierced.

Christina said...

oh too cute-we told our girls no earrings till 16! we'll see how long that lasts..so far none of them have had any interest in getting them pierced..probably because mine aren't pierced maybe???

she looks super excited to have them!!

Christie said...

wow, Libby Lu's has been busy!! There is just piercing crazyness going on! Wow! Yeah for big heart shaped diamonds!

Mendy said...

The fact that she is grinning so wide because she is wearing jewelry is clearly an indication that she truly is your daughter.

Mendy said...

And I wanted the plain cubic zirconia ones just because I liked them better, silly. Of course, I'm not 3 or 8.

Meg said...

Little girls are so fun! I guess I hadn't thought about ear piercing yet I'm not sure Jaide even knows what that is yet, but she sure does like necklaces and "beautiful dresses"

Jenni said...

How cute she looks! Way to go going for the big diamonds Sophia!! :) Glad it was a good experience for you guys!

Garner Family said...

She looks so pretty with her new earrings! I went with the diamonds too when I got mine pierced.

Corinne said...

WAHOO! She looks so cute. I totally remember getting mine pierced and it was SO THRILLING.