Sunday, August 19, 2007

Happy Birthday Little Brother!

When I told my little brother Ben that I had a blog, he let me know that he did not want his picture displayed under any circumstances. I thought about honoring his request, but then childhood memories came back to me, like when I'd walk into a room and he'd say, "Boom, boom, boom" with each step I took and then make elephant sounds.
So being the loving sister I am, I decided to dedicate a post to little Benny, honoring him on getting another year older. The 20's are way behind you and the 40's are just around the corner!


Ben and Alec 1997



Susana and Ben, the two youngest of the family.
They were always very close. They didn't argue
like most brothers and sisters. Susana always took
care of Ben in a sweet, motherly way.




Ben served a mission in Chile. This is
when he returned. He saw his niece
Mackenize and nephew Alec for the first time


Enjoying Thanksgiving with sister Julie and Ben in sunny California 1999. It was still warm in November, so we ate outside.


Here Ben is many moons ago with Mackenize, Cassidy and BJ. He is the youngest of six children and a real blessing to my parents. After having five children who added many gray hairs to both my parents, and caused my father to lose the majority of his, he is the child who never got in trouble. He was happy to stay home and just be with mom and dad. He was always faithful in the church, served a dedicated mission, and married a sweet woman in the temple. I love you Ben and wish you a very Happy Birthday!

6 comments:

susana said...

What a thoughtful sister you are, I'm sure Benny will love it!

Mendy said...

Ah, how sweet! You didn't even write anything that could embarrass him--what fun is that?

Seriously, what a nice post for your brother.

Christina said...

oh thats cute! happy bday ben! he's not 23 is he?? he's older then that right!??!?!

Jenni said...

You are a good sister!! Happy birthday to Ben!! :)

Jann said...

It is a sisters right to totally ignore a brothers request. This post was really sweet. Happy Birthday to your brother.

Kellie said...

How could he not be thrilled with such a post, especially after the elephant sounds incident! What a lovely tribute.