Yesterday was opening day for Alec's football season with the Steelers. There's a maximum weight of 113 lbs. with all their gear on. Alec had to run around the block in the morning and eat light until the weigh-in because he was at 111 lbs. He made weight and then ate a cheeseburger to get some energy. It was unbelievably hot and humid. Those poor boys were sweating with all that gear on. Some players collasped because of the heat and ambulances were called. The officials stopped Alec's game with two minutes left because of the heat and players dropping like flies. But I know if they could've finished the game, Alec's team would have totally scored two touchdowns to come from behind and win -- maybe next week.

Even though Alec looks tough, he's still my little boy and it's hard to see him out on the field getting knocked to the ground. He's loving it though. I told him if he ever gets hurt, I'm running out on the field to get him. He hopes he never gets hurt -- not because of the pain, but because he doesn't want me to embarrass him.
10 comments:
I still think it's crazy to do anything with that strict of weight requirements. At any rate, since he's the biggest kid out there, it's the other moms who should be worried sick that your moose is going to trample their babies!
I hope he has a great season. It helps the anxiety to know that they are so excited about it. Have fun cheering for those Steelers!
oh he looks SO GROWN up!! too cute..i can so see you jamming out there yelling at the little tykes- BACK OFF MY KID!!! heheh
scary about all the kids dropping like flies?!?! and the ambulance- GEESH!
That is some kind of endurance test! I'm glad he likes it, though. I would be worried for him too!
Oh, my...I am seeing the future of my two little boys and I'm not sure I'm happy about it. At least if they keep up in the growth department they too will be the big boys on the field.
Wow, he looks so mean in that picture :-) What fun, we don't do this in Canada, the little boys don't play football, they play baseball and Hockey.
I love his fierce guy look. That is great. Why in the world do they have a weight limit? Crazy.
Wow, Alec looks tough in those pics!! :) Good luck for a great football season!! :)
Oh, he looks so tough!! He's such a fun kid. I hope he enjoys his football and doesn't come back too bruised.
That is a SERIOUS picture! I'm sure it'll be so much more fun when it's not so dang hot. Go Alec!!
Post a Comment