Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Selena's Best Buy


This week on a family trip to Best Buy to buy a new laptop after my old one died, Chris and I were speaking with the salesman as Alec and Sophia browsed the cell phones and kept begging for one since they had signs saying they were free, and Selena was running around playing on all the computers.

Apparently Chris and I got distracted and stopped watching our children closely, because over the loud speaker we heard, "Would Tracy please come to the front desk." For a moment I thought they were calling an employee. Then I looked around and realized I only saw two of my three angels.
So I hurried up to the front and I see Selena standing there with five Best Buy male employees, all looking at me like I'm mother of the year. I thanked them for taking care of her as Selena says to me, "I couldn't find you, mom." That'll rip your heart out and make you feel like a great mother.
As we walk off, the biggest male of the group with lots of hair on both his head and face says very sweetly, "Goodbye, Selena." Selena smiled at him, waved and said goodbye.

When we were getting in the car she said, "Wait, I forgot to tell the men I'm going to tumbling."

She wanted to go back in and tell her new
found friends. I told her next time we come visit, that she could tell them about her tumbling class.

Thankfully we returned home with all three children, a new laptop and Selena made new friendships thanks to her competent parents.

























(P.S. Even though I lost my child, I've never made her perform acrobatics when she was a helpless baby, like this unidentified father I caught in the act)

11 comments:

Christina said...

that is classic-im surprised with my crew ive yet to lose one!

those are some way cute pics of the kids!

how fun to get a new laptop!!

Corinne said...

HA!!! She totally knew what to do! Good for her! You already know that I am loosing my children all the time :) That picture of Brian is so funny!

Jenni said...

Selena is such a sweetheart! I'm glad she knew just what to do! Yay for your new laptop - hope you're enjoying it!! And that pic of Brian and baby is crazy!! Did Brenda know about that?? :)

Brenda said...

Hmmmmmm,

At least, as you may have noticed in the picture, I watch my children.

Brian W.

Mendy said...

It takes a certain kind of woman to brag about losing her own child in a store--ha ha. Good thing sweet Selena was smart enough to go get help!

Spilter said...

Salena is already getting the men! Better watch out your girls are way cute. Tell Sophia hello. Great pictures. Amber

Julia said...

What a great story! Nice to know that there are plenty of good people out there willing to help with our children.

Love the picture of Brian too--that is too funny!!

Jeri said...

SO funny. What a silly girl!

Love the pic of Brian.

Jann said...

This is too funny. I love that she was so friendly, and already had the boys full attention. What a sweetie.

Meg said...

Hi Tracy!
I love your blog :)

Cami said...

HA HA! I can't believe you got that picture. That's awesome. I was just telling someone about that trick of his.

I lose my kids all the time, you're A-Ok. They always seem to come back, eh???