Sunday, September 30, 2007

Selena is 4!

Selena is now 4 years old. She had a great birthday party Saturday with her dancing princesses friends. They all wore pretty tutus and danced to Disney Princesses songs. Then they gathered tons of chocolate that fell from the pinata. We ate cake and danced some more.
We spent the afternoon at Alec's football game. Then we went to dinner at El Azteca where Selena smiled from ear to ear as the staff sang Happy Birthday to her and gave her a yummy dessert.

At church she loved the children singing to her, getting her candy note to give to the bishop, and her flowery pencil. Her sweet teacher gave her a bag of treats after her class, which she loved. She picked spaghetti for her dinner. She also received the new Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus cd that we spent the morning singing and dancing to.

Selena has a great, loving personality. She wakes up in the morning happy (like her dad) She yells "Wake up" in Chris' ear to wake him up, then they both laugh. She loves to rub my neck constantly with the back of her hand. I used to do that to my mother too, so I guess she got that trait from me. I'll give her a kiss goodnight and she says, "I want to touch your neck." So she'll rub my neck a few times and then she's ready to sleep. I guess I'm her blankie.




















Apparently Selena acquired her posing skills from me. I loved the hip action when I had my picture taken too




















She looks in the mirror after she's dressed and her hair is done and says, "I'm so cute." There's no lack of self-confidence in her.

She also looks at herself in the mirror as she sings songs from High School Musical and Hannah Montana.

Sophia and Selena have their own beds, but they always end up together and even in the same pose as they sleep like angels

Ever since birth, Marlee and Selena have been the best of friends. Here they are in their first year on 4th of July.

When I was talking to Selena about how she's growing so fast and asked what her dad and I are going to do all day when she's gone to school, she replied, "You will sleep and cuddle." She's so smart. We love our sweet Selena.

9 comments:

Meg said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! That dessert at the restaurant looks really good too!

Jenni said...

Happy happy birthday to Selena!! What a fun and sweet little girl she is!! I can't believe the 2003 crop of babies are all turning 4!! Love that picture of her and Marlee!:)

Christina said...

ohhh so cute! the poses are a crack up! i love this age!!

Mendy said...

I love this sweet child! She is very laid-back...just like her mother--oh, wait, that would be a Chris trait, wouldn't it? I just love that Marlee has a such a wonderful friend. And her mom's not a bad friend, either:).

Amber said...

OH she is such a doll!! Happy Birthday little princess. She is so dang cute I love all the pictures.

Brenda said...

Ashtyn couldn't stop talking about Selena all week! She still does. It seems like that's all she talks about lately is Selena and Sophia... what did you do? (:
She had a great time at the party!!

Selena is so beautiful and looks so much like you. She is so sweet too!

Cami said...

So cute! Happy Birthday Selena!

Christie said...

What a cute little birthday tribute. I am so sad that Tori couldn't make it to the party. She still doesn't get that she missed it. She is carriing Selenas gift around the house this morning talking about her party. Oh dear. What a sweet girl, and I loved the picture of you :-)

Julia said...

Selena is such a sweet girl. I love that I get the chance to keep up with all my friend's kids through these blogs :)

oh, and I love El Axteca too! The TIMED MOps team goes there for lunch on Thursdays! (apparently the Tuesday/Thursday cook is much better than the MWF cook, though I don't really know why...)