As I shut my bedroom window and Chris asked me to please keep it open, I started thinking about how different we are. If we had tried to find each other through a dating service, we would have never been put together.Our questionnaires might look something like this:
1) Do you enjoy the sounds of nature as you sleep?
Chris: I love the windows open so I can hear all the insects and animals and wind blowing.
Tracy: It's annoying. I need silence when I sleep.
(On a trip to Florida where we had a room right on the beach, he loved listening to the ocean at night. The waves crashing on the beach just kept me awake. So he slept out on the balcony, shut the sliding glass door, and I slept inside where it was quiet. So much for a romantic get-away.)
2) Describe an ideal date night.
C: Going out where there's lots of people and socializing.
T: Cuddling on the couch watching a movie.
3) Do you want a pet?
C: I love animals. I want a big dog.
T: No. It's already too hard to keep the house clean.
4) Do you consider yourself the jealous type?
C: Not at all. My woman can talk about and look at other men, it doesn't bother me in the least.
T: If he even mentions an ex-girlfriend I lose it.
(I've met a couple of them. Let's just say I wasn't Ms. Friendly)5) Do you enjoy shopping?

C: No. If you get a paycheck, it should go in the bank, period.
T: I start hyperventilating with excitement as I recieve new catalogs in the mail and mark the pages I want to order from.
6) What's your favorite type of movie?
C: Shoot-em up, intense, scary, action packed.
T: Comedy, musical, romance with a happy ending.
7) Describe your system for putting away canned goods.
C: Lined up according to size, with labels facing out.
T: What system?
8) Describe your mood when you wake up.
C: Always happy. Even wake up singing "Good morning, good morning and how do you do?" (not kidding)
T: Tend to be grumpy and have to really work at being cheerful.
9) Do you enjoy camping?
C: Love it. Could live like a nature boy with just a tent and a fire.
T: Fine with it as long as I have a bed and a bathroom and no bugs.
10) When you're in an arguent you tend to:
C: Clam up. Ignore situation. Pretend nothing is wrong.
T: Yell. Want to talk about every detail. Bring up the past.
11) Describe your fantasy girl/boy.
C: Prefer blonds, who love playing sports, the beach & camping.
(He got a brunette, not good at sports, thinks beach is too crowded and the camping..yuck)
T: Dark hair, beautiful eyes, says romantic things, obsessed with me. (Basically Edward)

All these differences, plus many others have made for a very fun, intense relationship. And even if I could change Chris, I don't think I would because I fell in love with him as he is. Although he doesn't talk all mushy to me, at least in the last picture he looks like he could be obsessed with me.
14 comments:
Before I read your last comment, I made Brian come look at that last picture of Chris staring at you! Boy, does he love you or what? There was nothin' that was going to take his attention away from you!! (:
LOVED your post!! You guys are perfect for eachother!
That was great! I'm still laughing. :)
It is so true that opposites attract. It was really fun to learn a little more about both of you.
This whole post and its layout are fabulous, Tracy! I love the photos of chipmunk-cheeked you and fetal-Chris in your dating years. Here's to opposites attracting!
You two are so cute. Definitely perfect for each other :)
That was so awesome!! I loved all of it. Thanks for putting this up. I was busting up you guys are so perfect for each other....it sure makes life fun. Great pictures. I love reading your blog.
Such a CLEVER post Tracy! I love it! Clint and I are also QUITE different. Like, sometimes I wonder if we actually HAVE anything in common! And somehow, we still love each other :)
Awesome. Also, I recommend getting a "sounds of nature" CD and making him listen to it on headphones at night. THAT's the way to go.
Super great funny post!! Made me laugh and laugh!! That last picture is adorable - he looks very Edwardish looking at ya!! :)
I loved this post Tracy, I may use your dating service questions idea to post about us, what a nice way to record you and Chris. Brent and I are also different, and I often wonder what we have in common.... Just like you guys though, I wouldn't change it..... Well maybe a few things :-) He he
Love this post too! You clever thing, I am glad you started blogging!
You can Chris make a cute match! I love the part when he slept outside to hear the ocean! I love the sound of the waves!
This was great, Tracy. It has been so fun to get to know you. Now I just need to start finding you at church so we can talk face to face. You're fabulous-I always assumed you were, but now I know for sure. :o) Eric and I are opposites in many ways, too. It would be fun to see if I could answer for him as well as you did. I bet you would do great on the Newlywed game.
tracy im ROLLING over here! your so freaking funny!!!
i love how you really pinpointed the opposites in you guys--soooo funny!
thanks AGAIN for the giggles! that was awesome! isn't love a mystery? it's a good thing we don't always get what we wished for at 16! :)
Post a Comment