Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Dreading Dating Years

After having talks with Alec and
Sophia, I have a feeling when they start dating, it's going to be challenging. Why? Sophia has had a fascination with kissing lately. I was explaining to her that we don't kiss a boy until we're married. (I can try can't I?) Then she said, "But that means you'd only kiss one boy." Yes, that's the point. I told her it was okay to only kiss one boy. Then she said, "But shouldn't I share my kisses with more than one boy? Aren't we supposed to share?" The boys will love her. I then explained how we don't "share" our bodies, lips or anything else.

I'll have to make sure to tell her again not to "share when she starts dating.

Then there's my gigolo son. Chris and I were telling him when he's 16 he can date, but then it's only group dates. Alec thought a minute and then says, "Okay. Me and three girls -- that's a group." Chris was practically high-fiving him. Agreeing that, yes, that's a group. I've decided Chris can't talk to Alec about dating. I'll have to take that over.

In the meantime, I will enjoy this time when they are home with me every night and I know Sophia is not out "sharing" kisses or Alec is calling up multiple girls for a group date.

14 comments:

Christina said...

oh no im laughing over here!!! that seriously was SUCH a funny post!! and kind of scary!??!?!

hey atleast they are smart!

i would tell my dad-i dont kiss boys-they kiss me! i cant even COUNT the many kisses i had-jon on the other hand-im his 3rd- HOW SAD!

Amber said...

Oh that was awesome! If your kids weren't so dang cute you might not have to worry but watch out! I love that they are already trying to plan it out. Thanks for the fun post....good luck! :-)

Jenni said...

I read this with Adrian last night and we laughed and laughed!! Alec is so funny!! You're gonna have to watch that boy - he's a charmer!! And Sophia too - wow she's already planning out that it's just all about sharing... Too funny!! :)

Cami said...

Wow. It is all starting so soon! Yes, I "shared" a little too much myself . . . I think you are trying to teach very good things. And, oh, that Alec--WATCH OUT! He is so funny.

felicity & nathaniel said...

Nathaniel and I were laughing out loud. Good luck with that crowd, darling!

Christie said...

LOL, that is too funny. I fear those days too. Time goes by all too quickly and they'll be here before we know it. Your kids are so funny. :-)

Meg said...

Oh man, I'm not looking forward to the dating years either!

The Spiveys said...

Me and 3 girls? How cute :) He's a pretty quick thinker.

Jann said...

This is so funny. Man, good luck with this. I love that Alex very quick mind is already trying to figure a way around the rules. You just gotta love um.

Jann said...

Oh, by the way, judging from last night, I would say they come by this naturally.

Jeri said...

So funny! Lock her up now. Alec is going to be trouble too, so get a cell for him as well.

Good luck!!!!!! (That is for a few years from now.)

Deb said...

that is hilarious! thanks for the giggle. :)

Kellie said...

It is so great that you are talking about it now and openly. That has always been my secret weapon-keep the conversation going and don't be afraid to joke and live in their world a little bit. You're going to be fine!

Julia said...

LOL! Sharing kisses and Alec's definition of group dates! Don't forget Selena likes to pick up men in Best Buy...