Saturday, July 19, 2008

Summer Movies

It's official -- Chris is a wonderful husband. On the night when the biggest blockbuster of the year opened in theaters around the country, my very patient husband was sitting next to me at the movies -- not watching the latest Batman movie, but watching a musical featuring ABBA music. Yes, we were watching Mama Mia.
We walked into Muvico, which was so busy with long lines -- but not for us. We cruised right into our theater. Chris laughed as he asked the people in line if they were waiting to see Mama Mia. We were with Janae & Mendy who also brought along their spouses -- so Chris wasn't the only male in the theater.
It was a fun movie, but if I would've seen it first, I would not have taken Chris. As long as the movie had ABBA music all through it, plus Colin Firth, I was going to love it no matter what. Chris, however, needed less singing and some explosions, so he was a bit disappointed.

The movie I'm looking forward to more than any other though, is of course, Twilight. I was very excited to get my Entertainment Weekly featuring Twilight, but was really disappointed with Edward's picture. He's wearing way too much makeup on the cover, but the inside pictures were much better. I'm sure in the movie he'll look more like I picture him, especially when he starts saying things like, "Do I dazzle you?"

Twilight comes out on my wedding anniversary -- what a romantic night that will be.

11 comments:

~ Amy said...

I guess if the movie is coming out, I need to read the book. Glad you had fun at the movies!

cechols said...

I also saw Mama Mia last night and thought of you, Laura and Mom!! I knew George wouldn't appreciate it so I went with a friend and we sang all the way through it!! It is a great mother/daughter film if only Cass was a little older!

Mendy said...

I do so love the ABBA music, even if some of it wasn't sung quite as well as I'd hoped.

And we're going to the movie at midnight like a bunch of teenagers, so you can still go out with Chris on the night of your anniversary.

And yes, he is a wonderful husband ;) I"m sure he'll make a great roommate, too!

Christie said...

Oh I am so excited for the movie. We aren't taking husbands are we???? Mine doesn't want to witness that.... :-)

Corinne said...

I agree with you about cover picture - he looks a bit too freaky for me. I can't believe you got Chris to go with you to see Mama Mia!! Clint maybe would rather die first :)

Kellie said...

Too funny about the lines at the theater. Good for Chris for being a real man and going to the chick flick with you!

whitney allison said...

I saw it too, on a double date and sadly I'm the only person who enjoyed it. And for the same reasons as you, who doesn't love Colin Firth?

Cami said...

What a nice hubby!! I am going to see it next week. OH that picture is bad, bad, bad, bad. WHY? WHY did they choose it? Have they READ the book?? Crazy.

Jenni said...

Okay I had to go to Batman on my anniversary with Adrian - how romantic right??!!! How did you get Chris and those other hubbies to go to Mama Mia??!! And I love that you took your picture with the magazine!!! I'm with you on Edward in that cover pic, but oh the pics inside are awesome!! I'm getting all giddy just thinking about the movie!!! I CAN'T wait!!!

Joni said...

That picture of Edward is RIDICULOUS. I was just telling my friends here today all about it (I saw the cover while I was back in the States). He looks like a freak. Thank heaven they haven't done all that makeup to him in the movie (I hope).

Anonymous said...

I guess in the future Edward goes on fine but missing the girl from before who paralyzed him. At least that is what I read on another blog.....