On Thursday I was able to be a chaperon for Sophia's class at the Baltimore Zoo. We didn't have a lot of time, but I only had three girls to watch, so we saw as many animals as we could. Some favorites were the giraffes, elephants and the polar bear doing the backstroke in the water.


We all met for lunch and then only had about 45 minutes to go see the bat cave and jump on the lily pads, which was the one thing Sophia really wanted to do.
The bus ride was like being on a roller coaster. It was so bouncy I couldn't believe it. I don't remember the buses being such a wild ride when I was young. I was hoping to nap, but was too busy getting thrown to the ceiling of the bus and back down again. Another mom sitting by me commented on how she was glad she put on her sports bra that morning. You sure do need extra support on those bus rides.

Today we went to an open house of a mini water park. There was hardly anyone there because it was raining. So the kids were able to go on some bouncy toys, get free hot dogs and popcorn and then as it really begin to downpour, we left. I don't mind that our water park day was cut short, because Chris was on call today and didn't have to fly, so I look at it as a special bonus day we had together. Plus I saved money on not having to put sunblock on Sophia every 15 minutes because of her very white, sensitive complexion.

There was a lot of construction going on. So it seemed like you did so much walking without a lot to look at. But the girls didn't notice and were happy with moments like sitting in a nest and acting like birds.
9 comments:
Sophias suit is too cute!! Sounds like a fun couple of days. I love going to the zoo, the bat thing, I've not seen though. I thought about going to that free hot dog/ waterpark event, hum, guess I should have done it. Oh well
Very fun times with your kids. Yes, those buses are very bouncy. I really don't like them.
I love that Selena is wearing Marlee's swimsuit that she wore home the other day when we couldn't find her undies!?
I don't know about a sports bra, I'd have knocked myself out????
Fun times! I read about the water park thing in the paper and wanted to go but completely forgot about it. I guess it's just as well since the weather didn't cooperate.
I can't help but notice the hip shirt your son is wearing. Is that from his new Hollister wardrobe?
I love that picture of you and Sophia!! You are both too photogenic!!:) The time you spent at the water park sounded fun!
I can't believe you still went to the water park in the rain!! What troopers you are! I thought about it for one second, but that was all.
What a fun mom you are! I love the picture of Sophias hair on the bus. You have such cute kids!
Post a Comment