Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Girls Night In

I spent the evening with this handsome man and four girlfriends. It was time for Mendy to do my hair again, so we made it a Jane Austin night. Janae brought over Persuasion for us to watch while eating chocolate. I love these movies, even though I get so frustrated and start yelling at the t.v., "Tell him you love him! Kiss her!" I could have never lived in that time period and not expressed my feelings, especially when the men were so gorgeous.
Thanks to a massive thunderstorm, all the sporting activities were cancelled so we didn't have to leave the house, except for Chris who had to fly up to New York. His flight was delayed two hours, so he'll have a late night. But he'll be glad to know I wasn't lonely because I had the company of friends and the vision of Captain Wentworth dancing in my head.

10 comments:

Mendy said...

Yes, it was a nice night with dear old Captain Wentworth, wasn't it? It was nice, too, that both Michael's meeting and Mason's game were canceled.

Christie said...

Sounds nice. Good movies during storms are the best.

Brenda said...

Oh, is that the new Persuasion because he looks a lot better than the old one. Or, am I just getting my Jane Austin movies mixed up. Anyway, he looks very dreamy... I will have to rent it. (:

supersonicjan said...

That man is the only way I survived inpatient medicine.

Jann said...

What a very fun night.

Corinne said...

OOOHH I loved this Captain Wendtworth!! What a dreamboat :) Sounds like a great evening to me!

Deb said...

he makes a cute capt. wentworth! sorry i missed it! glad you had a good time.

Jeri said...

Girls nights are the best! Sounds like a movie I need to see!

Kellie said...

Sounds Heavenly. That Captain Wentworth may be the cutest Austen Man ever.

Cami said...

I still haven't seen that Persuasion yet, and it looks so good! I'll have to sometime.