Monday, September 24, 2007

Selena: Happy/Grumpy

Selena is taking an ABC class at Alec and Sophia's school once a week. She loves going to the same school as her brother and sister. She's in a class with her sweet friends Marlee, Mariel and Audrey from church, so it's a very fun play time for her. Apparently they learned about leaves at their last class.

Selena is usually my happy child, but on Sunday she decided to become the devil child during sacrament. She was saying very mean things very loudly to me and kept trying to hit me with some very "perfect" families sitting right behind us hearing and seeing her tirade. She very rarely has to be taken out, but this time I had to. We sat in a room and I didn't say a word to her until she finally said she was sorry for being mean. We went back in and she behaved for the rest of the meeting. When she gets upset she still likes to get photographed and then see her ornery faces.

I'm hoping her pleasant personality is the one that dominates in the future.





















11 comments:

Cami said...

THAT is why I sit on the very back row. I know, I know, that is frowned upon, but hey, I am well away from judgmental eyes! Good luck.

Cynthia said...

Too funny. I saw you take her out and thought, "Oh yeah, Tracy never takes her kids out." I just figured Selena must have had to go to the bathroom really badly! EVERYONE must have those "I didn't raise my child like this" moments.

Julia said...

Hard to believe sweet little Selena is ever bad! I guess the pictures prove it :) And whatever else, she was a perfect angel in sunbeams, where I had the privelige of subbing for Sis Terry :)

Jeri said...

I saw you take her out, but thought you were just trying to be like me.


=)

Love that pouty face picture!

Christie said...

Too funny, what a silly girl. I wonder if having Chris out of town is throwing her off. Sometimes they get really testy when there is a change in authority around the house. :-) What fun. I ALWAYS experience this when we go on vacation, or have grandmas visit and spoil. I LOVE IT!

Deb said...

by some "perfect" families... but tracy, you weren't sitting by us! :) actually, i spent half of sacrament meeting in the back of the gym holding my own grumpy one. :) believe me, i think we've all been there and if someone hasn't, they will be.

Jann said...

What perfect families? There is no such thing, just our perception of it. Amazing that only taking her out once was enough to fix the issue. For years I was in and out all meeting long.

Kellie said...

You can sit by us anytime, Tracy. We could trade. I'll entertain yours and you can keep mine from starting an actual wrestling match in the chapel.

Kellie said...

Oh yeah, I love love love the pictures of Selena that show her many moods. What a doll.

Jenni said...

Adorable pics!! Selena is such a photogenic little girl! And you can sit by us anytime too, we'll make you feel better - I average at least twice in the hall with Ben or Nina every Sunday. :)

Mendy said...

How have I not commented on this earlier? You know I love this child. All she needed was a nap, I tell you (my answer to everything). We have to keep her as the sweet one. She can't change now--she's already surrounded by high maintenance ones.