Thursday night I headed out to Christie's house for her Pampered Chef party. It was dark and I couldn't find her house. So I parked. And with Sophia and Selena started walking up the street looking for her house number. Well, I left her address in my car, but Sophia said she remembered it and pointed to the house with the number she thought it was. So we walked up and I could hear women talking, so I looked in the window and saw the Food Chopper on a table. Well, thank goodness, we found it. So we walk up to the door. Not wanting to disturb the host's presentation, I just walk in without knocking. I let Sophia and Selena in first, then I follow behind.
As I look around the room of women sitting there, I don't see one familiar face -- not one. I'm thinking, where are all the women from church and who are these people? They, in turn, are looking at me like, "Who are you?" Then a lady walks towards me. I said, "Is this Christie's house?"
"Oh, no" she tells me. Christie lives two doors down and just happens to be having a Pampered Chef party that night also. Yes, I had just walked into a stranger's house without knocking. But what are the chances of two parties on the same night next door to each other? There should be a rule against that. The ladies were very sweet and even invited us to stay at their party, but I scurried off to find Christie. Thankfully I did.
Then with both of our significant others out of state, Christie and I had a fun Friday night of yummy Mexican food, yacking like teenage girls and shopping at the Mills where I rounded down the prices of clothes and she rounded up. Fun night!
Sunday, September 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
That is such a great story Tracy! I would have done the same thing. I'm glad they were nice and that you finally found the right house. It sounds like it was a fun party.
That is really too funny and weird! I bet you really livened up that party -- I can just see you being so lively about it all!
Yes, I heard about this adventure! Sounds awesome.
This is certainly one for the books! I love it that you sent your poor kids in first.
I'm still mad you sat outside to eat. I am totally going to make you eat outside next time we go out. NO WHINING and NO EXCUSES!
P.S. We don't all have 52 inch computer monitors--could you pick a little bigger type next time? My eye doctor and I thank you.
I see a pattern here--that you round down the prices. Chris shouldn't have been surprised about the dishwasher :)
LOL!!! That was SO SO Funny, that and you with the pearing knife in your purse! HE HE HE.. You are such a kick!! i had a ball on Fridaynight, such fun. I had a bit of a chuckle over mendys comment too :-) You enjoyed being outside didn't you?????? :-) We'll have to do it again sometime.
Ha!! I can't believe that happened to you!! To think 2 houses with PC parties on the same street!!:)
Glad you and Christie had a fun date night too!!
So funny! I am proud of you for taking your girls with you. I too didn't have a hubby in town, but didn't go because of it ): Sounds like I missed out!
I feel the same way Brenda does. I should have brought my littles with me. =) (totally kidding, that would have been a nightmare for me.)
I didn't hear about you going to the wrong house. What are the chances?! LOL!
That is sooooo funny! You are too cute.
Post a Comment