Well, Monday was the start of three long days. The deposition wasn't a few hours, it went until after 5:00. And it only ended because I said I had to leave to take my son to football. Before that I had to scramble and call friends to take care of my kids.
Since we didn't finish, I returned to finish the job on Tuesday. This time making arrangements for children, because I knew it would be a long day. It was. They didn't finish. So now came Wednesday, when they said they'd end early because one of the attorneys had another meeting at 2:00. Well, wouldn't you know, his meeting cancelled, so that meant another long day. I again scrambled for people to take care of kids after school. They still didn't finish today, but thankfully no one could make it tomorrow.
I'm so glad I have a few days off, because Selena was starting to think Ms. Mendy was her mother. (Big thanks to Mendy for raising Selena the past 72 hours)
So after taking down 300 pages a day for three days, I have some serious editing to do. Which I should be doing instead of blogging, but I need some outlet for my stress since I can't "cuddle" with Chris because he's out of town, I'm out of chocolate, I don't drink or smoke, so I blog.
On a totally different note, Alec got his first pimple on his left cheek. He came to me freaking out and telling me to put my zit medicine on him. I told him it was small and would go away. He checked it every day and kept asking for the ProActive. I promised him I wouldn't let him get all zitty and would let him use the cream if it started getting bad.
But it went away fast, because I went to get a picture of it yesterday, but it was gone. He was not thrilled that I wanted a picture of his first zit for my blog.
He's growing up so fast!
12 comments:
WOW! Three days in a row working until 5:00. How do you do it? You need a long vacation or a massage from Ryan Stewart (ask Tracy for the number).
Now I know why your husband does the big purchases because your $300 dishwasher turned into a $600+ dishwasher and your kitchen looks like it was painted by Charles Manson.
Who takes a picture of a first zit? LOL you kill me Tracy!! I hear you on no hubby and out of Chocolate.... Hey I have my kids at co op on Friday, you wanna go out on a date? LOL!! Call me, we'll go eat chocolate!
You're not the only one who's glad you aren't working today--just kidding! I am sorry you've been so stressed. Enjoy some time off.
Signed,
Selena's Real Mother
Oh, my gosh. You are the most embarrassing mother ever if you were going to post his first zit!! You are so funny!
I'm sorry about all that working. That sounds horrible. Good luck finishing the job!
All important milestones should be documented, shouldn't they? Although maybe threatening to take a picture is a good way to get zits to go away? Usually it just encourages them, though...
sorry to hear about your crazy work, good thing Mendy was there to back you up!
i just got caught up again on your blog..the dishwasher story was funny--
wow thats a lot of work-i hate having to scramble to get kids taken care of!! nice that other moms are understanding and willing to help out!
too cute about the 1st zit--
At least Alec wanted the zit cream. I can't get my kids to use it with any consistency, so they have zits. I buy all the stuff they need. I have it readily available, but will they listen to me? No way.
Funny post. I hate long work days.
I have to say thanks to Christie for rubbing it in on your blog...that I have all the co-op kids and no husband on Friday! =)
I am dying over the zit! Poor growing boy.
No chocolate???? I am so sorry. I know so what you mean about having a million other important things to do and just needing to let off steam. I'm glad we could be your support group.
sorry to hear about handling stress with no chocolate and no husband. that is rough! come on over for some m&ms if you get desperate. :)
Happy Birthday!!!! You are old!!
Your fried Jon Sessions
Post a Comment