I had been doing so well with not eating junk all week and then the weekend came. Because Chris has very huge feet and can't find shoes in regular department stores, we spent Friday night at Casual Male shopping for new shoes for him. After he tried on what seems like 100 pairs of shoes, he finally found two pairs. And since we were out, we went to a Mexican restaurant where I encountered my first temptation of the weekend -- chips, salsa and flautas. Then we went to a friend's house to play games where they thankfully had mint flavored chocolate, which I can't stand, so at least I didn't consume any of that. I just stuck to the popcorn.Saturday was spent at a girlfriend's birthday luncheon with fancy sandwiches and a chocolate fondue dessert. That evening was another night out with friends at Outback. My poor friend Mendy had been craving their chocolate cake drizzled with a raspberry sauce. She nearly blew a gasket when the waitress told her they discontinued her cake. So she drowned her sorrows in cheese fries and a dessert platter. I found comfort in a chicken quesadilla and some of Chris' peanut butter pie.
Then tonight the Golden Globes award show was on, so of course I had to have friends over and serve treats, which consisted of peanut M&M's, cheesy Chex Mix and Turtles chocolates. I did have a bag full of caramel Treasures, but the kids found those last night and emptied the bag, which is probably a good thing for my waistline.
So you can see this weekend it was totally impossible for me to not give into the temptation of all that food I was around. The next few days I'll have lots of work and kids to take care of, so I should do a lot better in resisting those things I love, but that I should avoid. Let's hope so anyway.
8 comments:
Why did you have to bring up the chocolate cake?
You look wonderful. And you're a treadmill maniac. Stop stressing.
Wasn't it sad when Heath Ledger won that golden globe?! I wish I could have been there with you munching away last night!!:)
I am so proud of you, no fast food! Keep it up! And if you weren't such a social butterfly you would not have to worry about eating so much! I finally updated. Take care!
Yeah..... I'm not doing so well in that department either. :-( So sad about mendys cake... that is the worst!
yes, it was not a good weekend for healthy eating. but ditto to what mendy said. :)
I feel your pain. I've fallen off the wagon since the new year, too. Unless you are editing your pics on photoshop, I don't think you have anything to worry about!
Why is it that restaurants discontinue their best dishes? I don't get it.
I feel the same way! I have totally indulged myself lately and I'm scared to death to step on the scale.
You look beautiful, by the way!!
You are so funny - write me!
Post a Comment