Friday, May 16, 2008

Girls, Girls, Girls

My dear friend Mendy has always taken care of my children whenever I've asked her to, and quite honestly she has more patience with my children than I do. So when she had a need of me -- she's currently in Utah attending a wedding; her husband is on a Father/Son campout with their son, I of course agreed to help her.

That means tonight her three angelic girls had a sleepover at my house on a night when Chris worked until midnight. I managed to feed them and give them two movies to watch without that much stress.

Mackenna was very entertaining as she asked me, "Miss Tracy, why do you have boobs?" Oh, my. I told her because I was a girl. Then she says, "I don't have boobs." Oh, my again. We talked some more and now she knows she will get them when she's older.
They were chatter boxes when I wanted them to be sleeping, so I threatened to eat all the M&M's and not share tomorrow if they didn't go to sleep. After awhile I had to start using my "I'm losing my patience" voice. I wish I had Mendy's patience, but I don't. I hope the girls still love me in the morning. I'll fill their tummies with M&M's for breakfast and I'm sure they will.

9 comments:

Christie said...

And finally they sleep. :-) Cute pictures. Looks like you made it!

~ Amy said...

I love your M&M threat. It's something I can hear myself saying. Somehow it was much funnier imagining you saying it. Thanks for the laugh! Good luck with girl time.

Jenni said...

Ha! Mackenna cracks me up!! They all looked very angelic after they fell asleep!!:)

whitney allison said...

Good work! I love them all crammed into bed together without the covers on. Kids amaze me, I could never sleep like that.

Deb said...

wow, tracy. what a good babysitter you are. you even stepped in and had "the talk" with them. :) and they're so cute and innocent-looking. i can't imagine any of them jumping on furniture....

Jann said...

My girls always asked the babysitter very embarrassing questions. What a funny girl.

Cami said...

That is a lot of girls. I lose my patience with all the little boys in my house sometimes. I love that you took a picture of the sleeping. It is quite an accomplishment to get them to sleep!

Kellie said...

What a good friend. They are sweet when they're asleep. Whew.

the design boss said...

M&M's always work for everything you just can't get enough of them!! I am short with patients as well and find myself gealous of those that posses it.