Thursday, October 18, 2007

Nightly Activities

Now that Chris has been gone all week I've been keeping busy at night working on transcripts. But tonight I think I'll go insane if I work on another job. So I've caught up on all my t.v. shows that Chris and I don't watch together. No matter how I try, I can't get him to love The Office like I do. I save "our" shows for when he comes home this weekend. Plus, I can't watch Prison Break unless he's here to tell me what happened when I close my eyes during the too intense parts.
Then I went through my catalogs and saw how one offered me 40% off any item, and another offered buy one item, get one free. How in the world could I resist? So I bought a fun red dress since the Christmas season is coming up. (If Chris reads this, he'll say that is my Christmas)
Oh, now I'm watching Oprah and she has the financial lady Suzy Orman on with a lady who is over $100,000 in debt. Oh, I'm not feeling so guilty about my shopping. These people spend way more than I would ever dream of. One lady spends over $300 a month at Starbucks! Crazy.
I can't wait for Chris to come back, so my nights get more exciting. Plus I'll eat less and spend less. His last test is tomorrow so he probably won't sleep well tonight, but I know he'll do great. Good luck to him!

7 comments:

Cami said...

Oh, the debt shows. We watched a documentary about debt the other day. It's no fun. How do people get THAT far? Funny that The Office was about debt last night too.

Jenni said...

I saw that Oprah too - wow did that woman make me feel better about my spending habits, she was crazy!! If you'd ever like to have an Office buddy, I'd totally come over and watch it with you!! Oh, Dwight's bed and breakfast!! Ha!!

Christie said...

I tried to read that suzie Orman lady when we were in med school, she talks like I have money to invest!! LOL, I put the book down and figured I would pick it back up when we have a real income. :-)

Brenda said...

I'm so sorry that Chris has been gone for so long. I keep thinking about you because I hate it when Brian leaves. I can take Selena for you anytime! We loved having her over the other day she is so sweet!

Amber said...

It is so hard to be without your hubby. I am glad it won't be to much longer! I hope Chris did good on his tests!

Kellie said...

I hope everything goes well with the test. You are a trooper to support him getting back to his dream. It is good to see them happy, these men of ours. Have you started drilling your stars yet?

Julia said...

$300 at Starbucks??? That woman must be wired for sound! I'd wish Chris luck but I just read in your other post that he passed, so I think it's 'Congratulations!' instead :D