This weekend was a busy one. Saturday morning I went to a Tastefully Simple party where I was the only guest who showed up for the first hour until two other ladies arrived. But it was like my own tasting party. The hostess put all the samples in front of me one by one and described each dish as I tasted yummy food. I was able to eat as much as I wanted, because there was no one else there to share it with.
Then I rushed off to Alec's football homecoming game. It was a fun game where they played music in between each play. I could see Alec dancing when they played "Who Let the Dogs Out." Even though they didn't win, he and his teammates had fun at the end of the game throwing water on their coaches. It's a fun age because they don't get upset when they lose; they just enjoy playing the game.
After that I hurried over to my friend's bridal shower. The guests were required to wear their wedding veils, which was so fun since a lot of us got married when the '80's hairstyles were still all the rage -- big bangs, big veils, lots of hairspray. The cake was amazing, a replica of a Tiffany's gift box with a diamond ring. Scarlett did a great job!
The beautiful blushing bride to be!

Future Brides
This day was made less stressful because Chris was home. He successfully passed his last test. Tomorrow is his first flight with passengers and begins his career once again as a pilot -- YEAH!!
8 comments:
Hey, is that Theresa?! Who is she marrying? That is so great!
I do miss Tastefully Simple. Those are some great little nibbles.
And yeah for Chris!! I bet he will make lots of fun pilot announcements!
Oh dear. The Tastefully Simple party! I meant to call. I have family in town and couldn't make it!!! Sounds like you ate enough for me. :)
Congratulations on passing the test, what a wonderful blessing. Are you going to do a Tastefully Simple party off of hers. I havn't been to one of those in YEARS! So yummy. The head pieces just weren't nearly as cool without the bangs!!! Why not the bangs ladies!
Sometimes I just think that Saturdays could not get any busier! I am glad you squeezed in some veil time with me and Scarlett. As if my little tiny (read tasteful) veil was any match for the two of you and your monstrosities! It's amazing what a difference an extra five years made in the world of wedding hair fashion.
Sounds like a wonderful if not busy Saturday!! And big congrats to Chris!! That's so great!
I love those veil pictures!! I wish I could've made it to the shower. I am so glad you had a fun and busy day!
Your 'future brides' are adorable, wonderful girls.
Post a Comment