Thursday, October 11, 2007

Week of Shopping

Last Friday I went to Pennsylvania with some friends to buy some little girl dresses. It was so fun. Mendy had said you could buy $3 dresses and get a ton for cheap. Well, I got a ton of dresses, but there were more expensive dresses too. Somehow I bought a lot of those. Let's just say I spent more than the girls I went with, but my girls are so excited. Plus I can give some away as gifts.
The drive home was an experience. One friend I had taken got a little car sick, because as we're driving, she grabbed a McDonald's bag and said, "I'm sorry," as she threw up in the bag. She kept apologizing over and over. Of course Mendy and I told her to quit apologizing. Well, the McDonald's bags are not made to be barf bags, so it leaked all over my friend's pants and on my car seat. Poor girl was embarrassed, but we got it cleaned up.

Sunday was a great conference day. I did not get out of my pajamas all day (I love days like that) The kids did great watching conference. They know the option is getting dressed and watching it at the chapel, so they sit and watch. They enjoyed the story of the little boy sharing his piece of hard candy with all his friends.

I then became a victim of Kohl's this week. They had 60% off and 80% off racks. How can I be expected not to buy things like a $70 skirt for $20? I was in heaven. What also made me weak with my spending this week was the fact that Chris was gone again for training. But there's a good side to Chris being gone, because when I told him I kind of spent a lot this week on clothes, he didn't have a fit. He was just happy to be home. He did make me promise when I went to return something, that I go straight to the return desk with my eyes closed so I wasn't tempted to buy anything else.
His training is going great. He's passed all his tests so far and has one more flying test before he takes passengers. So if anybody wants to see how he does, just make reservations on his plane out to Los Angeles in a couple of weeks. It'll be a fun flight with a very handsome pilot!

8 comments:

Cami said...

THAT is why I make Jake do the returns. I would just buy more anyway. Sounds like you had fun shopping nonetheless. I did so much shopping the other day that I forgot about half the stuff I bought. I keep coming across it in my closet and being so excited! To be fair, it was all summery still for a long time, and these were sweaters and the like.

Cynthia said...

Ooooo. I want to go to LA! :)

Julia said...

Woo hoo! A flight with Chris as the pilot! That would be SO FUN!!! And yes, he is very cute, but he is also very TAKEN! ;)

Way to shop, girl. I may have to take you with me next time; I have a hard time buying clothes... and shoes...

Meg said...

Hmmm, maybe it's a good thing I haven't been to Kohls in a while. I don't think I've even gotten one of their ads in a while.
That would be fun to go to LA, although I don't know if I'd be allowed to go at this point. :)

Christie said...

I want to go to that dress store next month!! Do we get a special deal if we brave that flight to LA? :-) So good to hear that he is doing well in his trainings. All that retail therapy and you didn't call me? Rude! :-)

Jenni said...

That sounds like a neat dress place! I love watching conference in pajamas! It's weird to realize our kids will probably never have to dress up and go to the stake center. Yay for BYUtv! Sounds like you got some great deals at Kohls - I did a little retail therapy at the 9.99 rack at Macy's week and it was good!!:)

Jann said...

How fun to shop with friends. Great to hear about Chris. Very exciting.

Brenda said...

Okay, take me to that dress store next time! I need some dresses for my girls. They are getting tired of the same old and so am I.

So sad for your sick friend. I guess you are not going to tell us who it is so we can tease her?? Just kidding!

Yay for Chris! Oh, and yay for you too! I hope you get your husband home more now. I was feeling for you yesterday at church!