I will now once again be a pilot's wife, where he's gone for blocks of time, but then home for blocks of time. It means he'll be gone for most major holidays, but it also means we can take more vacations. And it also means when he's home, he'll be able to do projects for me and decluttering, which he does so well.
I will adjust easier to him being gone than the children. Selena has already told him she doesn't like it when he leaves for the airport because he takes too long to come back home. Sophia said she felt like we were divorced. I quickly explained that this was just part of his job and he'll always come back, and we're still and always will be married. Alec is fine with it. He's just excited his dad is flying big airplanes again. Now his trips won't be so long like they were during training. We're very proud and so happy for Chris. And we hope he doesn't have to stop flying until his retirement.
13 comments:
Yay! That's great! It is quite the trade-off, but it will be so fun to have him home. I'm sure the kids will adjust. I hope he has a great time!!
How exciting for you and your family! I hope his first trip went great last night. Remember we are always here for you when he's gone!!
Call me ridiculous, but I have tears in my eyes for our dear friend, Chris, who gets to return to his favorite career. I am so pleased for him. I'm pleased for you, too--I hope you get to visit your family more and take some family vacations! Use that timeshare!!
Awww, it brings tear to my eyes to see someones dreams being fulfilled. I understand that desire to fly, and am so happy to see him so happy. Call me when he is out of town, we can get together to fight our way though the crazy times. :-) I also had a little chuckle over your comment about his uniform... too bad he was on his way out the door eh?
Ha! I didn't see that Mendy started hers the same way..... Too funny.
Cool! I guess we'll be seeing you more here on the West Coast!!
I seriously have tears in my eyes! I am so happy for you guys. What a great day for your family. I love the picture of you both together so cute! You sure made a great post.
that's so exciting! he was telling gregory and i on sunday about flying the airbus. sounds like fun. more fun than peddling houses - no offense to the real estate profession. :)
That's awesome! I'm glad you took pictures of your hubby's first day too :) I think the kiddos will really enjoy it when he gets to be home.
This is so wonderful that Chris is flying again! And yes, he looks spiffy in his uniform :D First Day's always deserve pictures, too! Once your kids realize they actually have MORE of Daddy's time, they'll come 'round :) Yay for you!
That's so exciting for your family! How great to see all of his hard work pay off :)
I am so happy for Chris and you guys!! It is so wonderful to have a happy hubby and it sounds like this is his dream career. So YAY!!
You guys look so cute together! Hope to see you now more often down here!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment