I was looking forward to last weekend for the obvious reason -- Edward. Since I am of a more advanced age, I can't pull all-nighters waiting in line for a book and then stay up all night reading and be expected to function the next couple of days. So I opted to have the book delivered to me, which turned out to be torture, since it came late. By the time I received my Breaking Dawn, all my friends had already finished it.
Then I made the mistake of not taking this week off of work so I could totally concentrate on Edward. I took the book with me to all my jobs to read during even the shortest breaks. I had the opportunity to explain the whole Edward obsession to the attorneys I was working with. One attorney commented on what a thick book I was reading, so I told her about the whole series and how you fall in love with this vampire. She got excited and wrote down the name so she could get it. Then at a different job another attorney saw my book and said his fiancee was reading it. I said, "Oh, then she's in love with Edward too." He understood, because he had the same face Chris does -- having to share his woman with Edward.
But my sharing of my obsession of Edward didn't stop at my work. I was reading it at the pool when a man came up to me and said, "Have you gotten to the part where" -- at that point I viciously told him to shut his mouth and not ruin anything for me. He laughed and said nothing else, which is good. I would've hated to have to strike him.
I had to take Sophia to the dentist, of course with my book in hand and the receptionist asked me about it. I told her the whole tale and she wrote down the name so she could start the series.
I currently have five transcripts I need to get done, which will have to wait; children who are being entertained by the television; a husband who is flying to Boston, so this is the perfect time to spend a long afternoon with Edward. I'm loving the book so far and am about half way through. I can't wait to be done so I can finally talk to my friends again without being afraid of them spoiling anything. My family will be glad when I finish too, so I can start taking care of them again. Until then, it's time for Edward...
Friday, August 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Oh Tracy, could you believe that part at the end where... Just kidding!!;) I wouldn't dream of ruining your Breaking Dawn experience! I'm sorry that yours came late and I can't wait to hear what you think of the whole thing!:)
Oooh, I would have gone crazy reading it later than everyone AND having to live normal life too. I'm impressed with your self control. Enjoy, enjoy! It was such a good read. I think I've read it twice now, just going back to see my favorite parts:)
wasn't it so sad when they decided to get married, but then he thought she wasn't really ready to get married, so he ran off, but then they still were saying their vows, but she decided that she actually just wanted to go see the world with him instead, but luckily her mom and her presumed father figured they might as well use the priest while he was there? oh wait... wrong story
Supersonicjan, you have me in stitches!
I just keep reading it over, and every time I think I can stop.... I read it again. Doing good here. How bout u?
Post a Comment