Well, my wait is over. I have just finished the last book in the Twilight series. It was like the others for me, so hard to put down because I loved being in that other world with Edward.
I was so excited that they got married. I was ready for the honeymoon scene, wondering how it would turn out. I was disappointed that there weren't more details. As I was reading and then all of a sudden the scene switched to the morning, I said, No! I loved how Edward had to destroy furniture to keep control of himself. It reminded me of when Chris & I broke our headboard and made me laugh.
I actually cried twice -- once when Bella was handing her baby to Jacob, thinking she'd never see her again, but knowing how Jacob loved her and would protect her. I never cared for Jacob in the other books, but in this story, I really learned to like him and totally loved the bickering between him and Rosalie. (loved the doggy bowl she made for him)
Then the ending scene made me a total wreck. I will say I think I was more emotional just because of personal things that have happened recently. But as Bella allowed Edward to see her feelings and how she felt for him so he actually knew how much she loved him, I lost it. I wish that were possible, to see in our spouse's heads so we'd know how much they loved us.
I'm sad I'm done reading it, but I'm going to re-read Twilight so I can extend my time with Edward. And I've already looked for other Edward t-shirts so I have a different one for every night I go see the Twilight movie.
Saturday, August 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
um, thanks for spoiling it. she had a baby? i really hope she wasn't 16 still or whatever she was. i still have your twilight book... oops. go get it from scott... i'm stuck at the hospital alllllll weekend.
I was so surprised about all the Breaking Dawn controversy because I totally loved how the plot developed. I mean, I really, really loved it. It's so nice to be on "Team Stephenie" with you!
(I go back and reread the honeymoon, post-transformation love scenes and I'm like, "that's really it? that's all there was?" There was only one line at the end of the book that really got my eyebrows up (you know, when they were laughing:).
I have to admit, I refused to read this book. I am glad you enjoyed it. I just cannot separate out my daughter's reaction to the last book, long enough to read this one. So I will stay out of the entire discussion other than to enjoy the back and forth.
Now you're making me tear up! I loved that end scene when she lets him in her head, too. Sooooo romantic!
You're a nut. You're going to have an Edward wardrobe by the time 12/12 rolls around.
Stop buying t-shirts and get a jaw dropping dress in blue! Edward would prefer it! =)
Hee hee, I love Jeri's comment! Edward does prefer brunettes in blue!:) I'm so glad you enjoyed it Tracy and you are right that last scene with the Bella mind reading was quite lovely! Oh how I wish I could be there with you at the first showing of Twilight!!
Want more Edward? Go to this link and check out a draft of Twilight written from Edward's perspective. http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/midnightsun.html
I guess it was illegally posted on the internet, and Stephenie Meyer decided to go ahead and make it available from her website. It' something like 236 pages long, so I hope I can find time to read it on the computer. I usually read all over the house while I am watching the kids, cleaning, cooking, etc.
Enjoy!
Post a Comment