On Thursday we had our second snow storm of the winter. I loved last year where we only had one. The kids were already scheduled to get out of school early and I had made plans to take them to the mall. The Californian in me wanted to stay in my warm house and not drive in snowy weather, but I guess I've been in Maryland too long because I loaded the kids up and went to the mall.
The drive took longer than usual and we drove by lots of crashes and stalled cars, but we got to the mall safely and practically had it to ourselves. Alec got his hair cut, Selena begged for a puppy and Sophia bought some earrings.
Friday night I ate dinner for the second weekend in a row at Rocky Run Restaurant. They have the best chicken egg rolls and crab dip, but now I'm starting to pay for all of my restaurant eating. My clothes are getting snug, so it's time to start exercising I suppose. They were all special occasions. It was Laurrel's birthday, so it was a fun girls night out. The week before was a double date with Christie.
Saturday I had my annual work meeting. The owner of my agency gave everyone a copy of the book "The Secret" and said how it changed her life and she wanted us all to read it. She said it's all about positive thinking. I need to start reading it because it's 20 degrees outside and my California side has taken over. I feel like hibernating until spring and the thought of exercising doesn't excite me. I didn't help my clothes fitting situation either, since last night we ate at Don Pablos. Thinking positive, warm weather, clothes that fit.....
Sunday, January 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Man it was a cold day today huh? I have to say, I used to drive in the snow all the time in Utah, but now I am scared to death! The other day I had to pick up Ashtyn in the snow from preschool and my breaks didn't work down a hill so I had to serve to miss a wreck and almost got in another one myself... Ahh! I don't know if I will ever be the brave sole that I once was when it comes to the snow! (:
I'm impressed that you went to the mall that day!
Reading this post made me so hungry! I miss all the great restaurants in the DC area. Seriously, it is one of the top 3 things I miss the most. There just aren't great places to eat out around here. Perhaps I should be grateful, I'm sure my wallet and my hips are...but I'm just not.
let me know if positive thinking will help you with the exercise and the clothes fitting. it would be nice just to be able to THINK positively about it and not actually have to DO it. :)
Oh, I grew up in Utah, and I STILL think it's too cold outside! I empathize with you. Good for you for getting out and about though!
Let me get this straight, Don Pablos, Rocky Run x2, and Chevys? What happened to Chris? :-) He must be feeling splurgy with Tax returns around the corner, or maybe he is making up for a certain Christmas faux pas!
Post a Comment