Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Happy 12th Birthday Alec!

Ten years ago I made Alec a Teletubbie cake for his 2nd birthday. Today he is 12 and no longer likes the Teletubbies. Time has gone by so fast since my sweet Alec was born. He was the center of my universe for four years until I had another baby, so he was just a tad bit spoiled.


Today I took him shopping for new church clothes. He was not thrilled that that was his birthday shopping trip. He even complained to the cashier about his gift of white shirts and ties. The salesman agreed with him and said I hopefully also bought him video games. I assured him there were presents waiting at home too.

Alec has traveled to more places in his short life, than I have in my many, many decades -- mainly because his dad is a pilot and partly because we've driven from California to Maryland and toured many great states.
Alec visiting Hawaii
Alec at Newport Beach

Alec at a Seattle Mariner's game

Alec at Lake Havasu
The preteen years worry me, but looking at his baby pictures help remind me of the sweet baby he once was and how much I love him!

11 comments:

Joni said...

You look exactly the same! And happy birthday to Alec. 12 is a big jump.

Mendy said...

Love that last pic of Alec! I am glad you guys had a fun birthday. Funny, my phone line must have been busy when you called over here to invite us over for cake. Ha ha.

Jenni said...

Ha! That last picture is a riot! Can he really be 12?? Happy happy birthday Alec!!:)

cechols said...

I remember when he was just that tiny baby in your arms, my how time flies...just wait soon he'll be 16 like mine!! Give him hugs from George and I! Did his other cousins call him yesterday too?

whitney allison said...

White shirts, oh the horror. How funny. Glad you had other suprises for him at home.

Diana said...

I will cry when my baby boys turn 12. Love all the pictures.

Heidi said...

I'm glad Alec didn't want a Telletubbie cake this year!

It was fun to see pics of you and Alec through the years. How have you managed to look the same for the past 12 years! It must be nice to never age! :)

Christie said...

Awww cute boy. Watch out Tracy, he'll be boycotting your blogging like Kellies boys. :-) He sure was a cute toddler! Fun to see the pics. Happy Birthday Alec!

Corinne said...

OH HO HO!! Great pictures!

erin sheely said...

Fantasic pictures! It is so fun to see your kiddos getting bigger and for them to see allll the fun things you did for them that they don't remember.

Jann said...

Happy Birthday Alec. One more year until the teenage monster. Actually, I am just kidding. I am loving my girl's teenage years. Maybe I will feel differently about my boys.