After the game we headed off to our neighborhood pool party where the girls could only stay an hour, because they had a birthday party to go to where they made bracelets and necklaces.
Chris, Alec and I stayed at the pool where Alec and Chris won the water balloon tossing contest (their competition was young girls); their team won the tug-of-war challenge; and then the major event of the afternoon -- Alec won the dancing contest showing off his skills dancing The Soldier Boy! Who knew Alec had so much soul in him. He was the only boy dancing against a bunch of girls and he brought home the prize. What a stud.
After that party, we rushed home to bathe kids and get ready for a night out with the Hunters. We headed off to the go cart track. There were signs everywhere, including on the cars themselves saying "No bumping." Do you think Mendy, Michael or Chris adhered to this rule? No. They were very competitive and would crash into you to make you move so they could pass. Every time I got near another car, I'd start screaming. I was next to one teenage boy for awhile and kept screaming. He finally said, "Could you stop doing that, you're making me nervous." So I tried to control myself.
After many miles of racing, we took our whiplashed bodies out to Longhorn for a yummy dinner. I took a break from the diet this weekend, because honestly, how can I expect not to eat when we had the pool party with catered lunch, and then being at Longhorn where they serve a delicious brownie sundae? I'll start again next week.
It was a busy, fun day and a perfect end to summer since school starts tomorrow!
9 comments:
Whatever, my stupid go-kart wouldn't go fast enough for me to bump you. You passed me even while I was flooring it and you were riding the break. You don't break go-karting! It was quite fun, though. We're just so young at hear--ha ha.
wow, football? the summer must really be over. are you getting nervous about alec in middle school?
Way to celebrate the end of summer! I think those kind of go carts are a bit scary myself.
Good luck with the diet too. Maybe I need some kind of fashion incentive to help get me going. :)
Man, that summer went by fast eh? Sounds like go karts were crazy! I would have been like you. :-) Adhere to those rules!
What a fun date! You'll have to tell me where that go-kart track is! Actually, why don't we just plan a date together and we can go back! I promise, we don't bump in go-karts. :)
What a fun last Saturday before school.
That sounds awesome! I want to race!
I'm glad you took a break on the diet, and I wish you success. I'm on one, too. Can I come pick out a dress? Even if I lost all the weight I wanted, I just don't think I could pull off the fabulous way you look in clothes, friend. You're gorgeous no matter what.
I love the image in my mind of you all on the go-carts :)
Post a Comment