Alec had a Boy Scout award ceremony tonight. So I packed up
all the kids and headed off to church. Alec got a patch and the parents also got a pin, that the boys were to pin on the mothers. Alec started pinning it around my belly button, until I told him to put it higher. He kept dropping the pin, and his advisor said they're going to have a class on how to pin someone.
The girls got to hold a baby named Jonas, and were so excited because they thought he was named after the Jonas Brothers.
It was time to leave and I couldn't find my keys. I looked all over and started to get frustrated.
Then Alec comes up to me, holding my keys. I got a little ticked. "You had my keys?" I didn't use my happy voice. Then he says, "No, they were in the car. You left it running."
Oops. Yes, I had arrived at the church at 6:50; sat through the award ceremony which didn't end until 8:30, while my car was left running in the parking lot.
I have no idea how I did that. You'd think I'd notice I didn't have the keys as I got out of the car. I should just be grateful I still had gas in my car and be grateful my car was still there.
Getting up at 6:30 every morning now that Alec is in middle school has made me sleep deprived, especially since I'm up blogging at midnight. Maybe if I sleep more, my brain will work better.
5 comments:
I don't want to hear you scold or make fun of me ever again when I lose my keys. You just better not even mention it or you'll be sorry! I can't believe your car was running for an hour and a half. That is nuts!
Tracy I did that, I left my car on my driveway while we went to the Goolds house in Eldersburg for 4 hourrs and it was still running when we got home.
The sad thing it I did it twice so don't beat yourself up too much
I left the car running once while I was getting gas. I felt really scared and stupid when I got back in and realized what I had done.
TRACY!! OH MAN. I've never done that one. I'm glad your car is still in your possession :)
I, too am having a hard time adjusting to waking up earlier. You'd think the baby would have done that to me, but no. Crazy about the car!
Post a Comment