The music is so much louder than it needs to be. There are huge pictures of people on the walls, who aren't even wearing clothes. We go in and I had to navigate in this poorly lit store around chairs, tables, mannequins, plants, clothing racks, while trying not to inhale too deeply for fear of burning my nostrils from the perfume/cologne lingering in the air.
I had to yell when I spoke just to be heard over the blaring music. I bought Alec one t-shirt and he seemed very happy as he carried his Hollister bag around the mall. I, however, stepped out of the store and my ears were ringing like they did after the Bon Jovi concert. Stores like that are obviously not meant to attract my age group, because I have no desire to ever return again.
This experience with my pre-teen boy made me long for the days when I bought him a Blue's Clue's shirt, Teletubbie pajamas, or yard sale clothing and he'd be thrilled. Those days when I could dress him in what I wanted are over too quickly. I don't enjoy losing that control, but it is fun seeing him get so excited about things he likes and expressing himself.
My evening ended with a girls night out as I spent it at Houlihans to celebrate my friends Scarlett & Julie's birthdays. The food was great. The conversation was fun as we talked about our favorite American Idols (love Michael Johns' accent), our Bon Jovi concerts, The Osmonds, having babies & then took turns holding Laurrel's new sweet baby girl.
10 comments:
wow you are quick to post! Tonight was a totally fun night. THANK YOU so much for my "I love Lucy" scrap book, I loved it!
The teen era is way too crazy already around here too. You are good, you actually bought the shirt, I probably would have not, maybe til I reached the outlets in DE. Hang in there Tracy, you're a good parent and you've done a good job, now just keep your fingers crossed! :) hugs
Uh Oh, I love Hollister.... and I am older than you! What does that say about me? Maybe it was being raised so close to the beach? I love the loud music and especially the "live" (NOT) pictures of Huntington Beach. Jaxin already loves their clothes too, oh am I in trouble!?
Glad you had fun on your trip! Seeing Chris' dad brought back lots of great memories!
At least Alec is just getting pressured into name-brand clothes. Michael had to interrupt another conversation on the facts of life today between Maia and some neighbor girls. Why are they all trying to steal her innocence? It makes me so sad!
Glad you had fun on your night out. Sorry that I'm on a higher plane and couldn't join you ;)
Oh my goodness I am so sad I missed out on Friday night what a great group you had to celebrate birthdays!! Glad you had a great time.
I am sorry your little Alec is getting big it isn't fair!
I'm so bummed I missed the girls night!
I do have to agree about some of those stores in the mall. They may have some cute stuff but I CAN NOT stand to be in there for more than I minute. I even tell the employees that I hate how loud it is and they just give me the look like, "Huh?"...of course it is because they are all 17 and think it's normal to listen to music so loud your head thuds.
I've been in that store and I felt the same way! How old am I??? Crazy. Sounds like your night was fun. Girl time is so good. OH, I so don't look forward to Liza caring about what she wears!
Oh, I HATE those stores!! They are so horrible. Why do they do it? Ugh. Anyway, that outing was rather fun. Good times.
I miss being out with you, meatloaf!
Tracy. You are my "cool mom" idol. If you can't take the pre-teen wildness, whatever will I do? I'm so scared...and old.
Ooh, I was at Hollister on Friday, too. My first time. It is a weird store. I had exactly the same impression. I'm so glad your girls' night out was a blast.
Post a Comment