It's the time of year where I realize I need to lose some weight because I can no longer hide behind long pants and sweaters when the weather gets warmer. So I buy low calorie snacks at the store, thinking I'll lose weight by eating them instead of more fatty foods.
As my nightly cravings hit, I reached for my Hostess 100 Calorie Pack muffins. There are three mini muffins in each pack. After eating the three, I realize I am not even close to being satisfied, so I open yet another pack. By the time I feel full, I've eaten three or four packs. So I might as well have just bought one huge muffin instead of pretending I was being a good eater.
I'm worried about the summer clothes crises because at the end of the week we're surprising the kids and getting on a plane to Walt Disney World, where I will have to show my arms and legs. We have a time share week that we have to use before the end of April or we lose it, so Chris made a reservation and we're off again.
My sister suggested I just get up at 6:00 a.m. and go workout before we go to parks -- apparently she doesn't know me as well as I thought.
My mini muffins are almost all gone. I ate two packs tonight and don't think I should buy them again.
I did watch the man on t.v. that declares he can make me lose weight. He had some great suggestions -- like if you crave chocolate cake, imagine the cake with worms crawling all over it or the cake mixed with a food you hate to eat, then you won't crave it. He said our imagination is more powerful than our will power. I'll have to try some of his techniques before the summer arrives.
Monday, April 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
I feel your pain! It is sooo hard!
I feel your pain! It is sooo hard!
you look great, sorry we won't get to see you but enjoy your trip you jet setter
My best technique has been to make sure I focus on eating lots of good food, like real oatmeal for breakfast, and to be sure I eat my fruits and some vegetables. Then my cravings seem less strong and I can eat a cookie or two and then stop. But it's been a process that I've slowly developed over the past nine months. Disney sounds fun! Your kids are such a good age for it.
I agree, those 100 calorie packs are kinda teeny. I guess I'd need to reset my appetite to the real portions we're supposed to have before that would work ;) I've never heard of imagining gross stuff on food you're craving before. Hmmm, all that icecream in the fridge really has bird poop in it, bird poop! Hmmmm, that's gross, we'll see if I can convince myself.
Oh dieting! Last week Shawn and I did our own "biggest loser" which I literally started to cry about before it even began so in reality we just tried to eat well and we exersized. Shawn gained a pound and after results like that I'm not stepping on the scale.
HA! That is pretty gross about the worms. I was about to have some more birthday cake, but now I'm not in the mood. So hey, it works!!
I am so excited for you guys! The kids are going to love Disneyworld. How fun I am jealous!! I think it is funny they haven't noticed the suitcases out I can't pull mine out until the day we are leaving otherwise Logan thinks Daddy is leaving or we are going again.......Have fun!
I think you look GREAT! I hope you are having a nice vacation!
this one made me laugh! i love the 100 calorie snack logic. it's like pringles, i bet you can't each just one....
Post a Comment