On December 12, 1992, Chris and I were married in the Los Angeles temple. We met going to young adult activities at church and dated for over two years. While we dated, Chris had various jobs which included chimney sweep (yes, he wore a top hat), usher at Angel stadium, and then flight instructor. I was going to court reporting school and working as a waitress in the Chicken Dinner Restaurant at Knotts Berry Farm.

The first movie we saw was Ghost. He held my hand the whole time. When Demi Moore's character started talking about marriage in the movie, I held very still, because I didn't want Chris to think I was already hinting about marriage. We had pizza on our first date and Chris used a coupon. I should've known then he would be very money conscience for the rest of our lives. The first song we danced to was "Unchained Melody" so that became our song.
We had a lot of dates at Disneyland because we had season passes so we would sometimes go just in the evening to see the fireworks. After Chris got his pilot's license, he would fly me in a Cessna plane for some romantic dates to Las Vegas, Lake Havasu and back home to see my parents. 
Chris was the best boyfriend. We never fought -- not once. (marriage changed that:) I thought he was perfect, so patient and just the nicest person ever. Now after 15 wonderful, sometimes challenging years, I love him and appreciate him more than ever. I look forward to the next few decades with him and hope I can make him as happy as he makes me.
11 comments:
So sweet! We're headed up on our whopping 3rd anniversary next week. Happy Anniversary you two!!
Happy Anniversary. It sounds like your courtship was really fun.
That was so cute! Happy Anniversary. It was fun to hear about your courtship. How fun you were able to go to Disneyland so much. What great memories. I am glad you love each other so much it is so wonderful! :-)
That's so funny about the coupon :) You two seem so sweet together!
What a sweet post for your anniversary. How fun that you used to fly on dates! You know one of my favorite things about Chris as that he was once a chimney sweep. It just goes back to my love of all things Mary Poppins.
Happy anniversary!! You 2 are such a great couple and I loved the coupon part! Ha! I wish Adrian and I could have hung out at Disneyland during our courtship - how fun that must have been!!:)
flying you to las vegas on dates? no wonder you snapped him up! congrats on enjoying the past 15 years together!
Happy anniversary!
Happy Anniversary! What a sweet and romantic story. I love your pictures, you guys look so young and innocent. Thanks for sharing all the details of your humble extravagant beginnings! :)
So much fun! I can't wait to see the beautiful crystal anniversary gift Chris gave you for your 15th...hehe. One thing that has always impressed me about you two: you both work very hard and you both maintain your individuality so well in your relationship (okay maybe two things!). Congrats.
Tracy, long time no see, it's great to read your blog. Our first ever date was Ghost as well although we got hitched a year beofre you guys. I LOVE the pictures,
Post a Comment