Today we had our first snow of the winter. The kids were disappointed that school was not canceled or even delayed. So Alec and Sophia went off to school, while Selena and I stayed in our pj's all day. Chris left us here in the cold to fly off to Florida for the night. I'm going to try to stay as warm as he is by turning up the heat while he's gone.
Alec was such a great helper today. He offered to shovel our walkway without being asked. When he was done with our house, he went over to our neighbors and shoveled their walkway too. Then for reasons I can't understand, he jumped in the snow and made a snow angel. He loved getting all wet and cold and seeing his print in the snow.
I spoke with my sister who lives in Las Vegas and she was complaining that they had to start wearing sweaters because it was starting to get cold. And she couldn't wear her flip-flops anymore because her toes got cold. Boo-hoo. Wish she were here!
7 comments:
Hee, hee. I turn up the heat when Bob's not around too :)
That was so sweet of Alec to help out while Chris is away. I wish Logan was over at your house when he was doing the snow angel. I wanted to show him one so bad but just couldn't get the guts up to lie down in the cold wet snow.
at least they got their school delay this morning. nothing like going to school, having lunch and recess, and coming home to play in the snow some more. :)
I agree, your sister should come out here for a few weeks and see how she likes it! Good for Alec, though--he's certainly growing up, but still keeping his playful side :)
Way to go Alec for shoveling your walkway and the neighbors! What a sweet boy!:)
What a great kid. I love it when my kids give service because they want to. It is fun to see their happiness when they choose to do it all on their own. The pictures are great.
he may even try to score points with Santa for x-mas!!! Well thats what Cassidy has been trying to do for weeks
Post a Comment