Sunday, February 8, 2009

Fun & Games

During my week of not working at all because of the sickies and other issues, I was able to squeeze in some movie watching time, mall time, hair salon time, girls bonding time and game time.









First, let me tell you, I have some great pictures of my friend Mendy getting her eyebrows done at the mall, but if I post them without her approval, I face her wrath so I won't do it. She got her eyebrows threaded, which made them look great and I can't wait to get mine done too. While she was getting gorgeous, I entertained our girls who just bought new clothes. They loved them and couldn't wait to model them right there in the mall. We ended our afternoon with lunch at Panera Bread and a ride on the carousel.

On Friday I helped my young friend Brenda celebrate her birthday. We went to Red,Hot & Blue where I tried a Hoochie Coochie Cajun cheeseburger -- so yummy! My friends said I ordered it just so I could say "Hoochie Coochie," maybe so.
Brenda is one of my sweet friends that I can never imagine her ever getting angry or raising her voice. She's always willing to help me when I need her and I know it's because she likes me and not just because she's assigned to me :)

But I must say, I was shocked to find out that she and her husband have never heard of the movie "Pretty in Pink," nor do they know who Molly Ringwald is! (I need to get older friends) I'm going to have to have them over for a movie marathon night of Brat Pack movies, whether they like it or not.

Saturday, Alec had a basketball game that went great for his team. Their coach was in an energetic/peppy mood, their assistant coach was looking good, and the team was in sync. They had an amazing game that was fun to watch and fun for them to play.
That night I left the kiddies with a sitter, a movie and a bowl full of M&M's as Chris and I headed off to Mendy's for game night.
Brenda thinks the only reason she was invited to Mendy's was so I could play "Loaded Questions" again -- so not true. But she did bring it and we had a blast playing it. You learn so much about people, like someone in the group went two weeks without bathing -- eww! Play time is now over and tomorrow it's back to work, but the break was fun while it lasted.

10 comments:

Ruth said...

Pretty in Pink just happens to be one of my all time favorite movies. "Blane! His name is Blane! That's not a name that's an appliance." We used to watch the Ducky dance over and over again. Ahhhh, I love it. Come over any time to watch it with me!

You seriously have way too much fun. I am constantly reading your blog thinking, " I wish I could do that."

you go, girl!

Mendy said...

Yes, we did have some fun last week.! You are a wise woman not to post those photos of me on your blog. Besides, I am going to do a post on my threading on my own blog! It was a dream come true.

whitney allison said...

Love the shot of the girls holding up their shopping purchases.

I'm pretty sure I'm younger than that chick who didn't know what Pretty in Pink is and its just a shame. I mean, with so many people in the world who remind me of Ducky I can't imagine not having someone to compare them to.

Loaded Questions is a great game, its very funny.

Diana said...

Wow, what a week! Way more exciting than anything we've done around these parts. Love all the cute stories. And Pretty in Pink is probably one of my all-time faves, too. Sixteen Candles ... classic!

Brenda said...

Okay, just to make things straight, I have HEARD of the movie, just haven't seen it... so there you go. And I can't wait to watch it with you!! Rent it and I will drag Brian along. It will be so fun! (:
It's been fun learning so much about you these last few weeks! That game is awesome. Can't wait till your next party... and no you can't use it unless you bring me along!

Christie said...

Sounds like a great week... I can't wait to see the photos of mendy... ooh that will be fun. :-)

Kellie said...

Sorry you've had sickness in the house, but glad you've had some serious fun. Game nights are the best. I had my eyebrows threaded once. I'm just not great on maintenance, so I never did it again. Sounds like I should check it out.

Deb said...

ah, pretty in pink.... it's a classic. but do you remember labyrinth?

Corinne said...

That game night looks like it was a total blast!! You always have so much fun going out with people - I need to learn from you and find some more socialness in myself :)

Cami said...

Oh those girls in those shirts! Watch out!