I decided to make them gourmet nachos. (If I add the word "gourmet" it makes it seem less trashy). I arranged the chips and chili on my heavy Pampered Chef pan, and then spread a ton of cheese all over. After it was melted to perfection, I tried to get the pan with just one hand -- mistake. The heavy pan and tons of nachos were too much for my weak wrist. I lost control and some nachos fell into the oven. 
All of a sudden Sophia yells, "Fire!" Alec comes running in and said, "I got it." (He's a man, ready to solve everything). Selena comes and grabs my leg and says, "I'm scared."
I felt too stupid to be nervous. But when Sophia said, "I'll get some water," I decided I'd better take some action. I have a feeling if Chris came back from his trip and I had burned the kitchen up, he wouldn't be pleased. I told everyone to back off and just started blowing out the chips that were ablaze.
When the drama was over, the kids ate their nutritious nachos and I ended up with an oven that has a big mess in it. I did learn a valuable lesson though: Order take-out and avoid the drama, the mess and the work.
8 comments:
No good deed goes unpunished. I am sorry you have a mess in your oven. This really is a funny story, and someday you will laugh about it.
Oh no! Those gourmet nachos sounded good though and it looks like Alec was happy with them! Too bad about the oven mess!
Your weak wrists are due to all your stenographer-ing. Pretty funny story. Glad your kitchen didn't burn down.
Oh dear! Isn't that just how it goes? Man. I hear ya. I am trying to break the eat out habbit too. They make it so easy... If you stay home, you have whiny kids, while you get frustrated and yelly and if you take them out, they are strapped down, then the little guy in the box asks what you want, you tell him, hand the next guy a piece of plastic and they pass you an hour and a halfs worth of work and stress through the magic window! And then, there are no dishes and all you have to do is wipe the table. Ahhh, so much better. !!
Unfortunately, I did know that chips can catch on fire! I too have had weak-wristed moments in my time. I feel your pain!
You're amazing in the kitchen! Not everyone can build a fire without a match and look at you!
Now, watch the movie and rest.
Well, good attempt at least... maybe it was the sickness coming on or something... Just clean it up and Chris will never know (with a little bribe for your kids of course).
I know EVERYTHING that can catch on fire in the oven and on the stove. Everything.
Post a Comment