But he survived with great leaders and friends and had an experience he'll never forget. They woke up with frost on their tents, then did a six-mile hike. He looked exhausted when he came home. And he appreciates our heated home so much more now.
As always, the highlight at our sports activities were Avery and his fun wife Kim. I could just watch them interact all day long. Avery is not only a great coach, but so entertaining.
Oh, yes, this weekend I also celebrated a birthday. I wasn't too excited about it because I don't like how high the number is getting. I was able to celebrate it with lots of good friends,
which helped ease the pain. My girls left me a big bowl of cereal on the table for breakfast, which unfortunately was a little soggy by the time I came downstairs for breakfast a couple hours after they had prepared it.
Thanks to all my friends for their birthday wishes -- it really means a lot.
15 comments:
Happy happy birthday Tracy!!! I'm glad it was celebrated properly with friends!!:)
Whoa with the winter camping - that does not sound fun to me, but Adrian tells me that was one of his favorite things in scouts - boys are weird!:)
That is so cute that your girls left you a bowl of cereal. I love that it went soggy but it is the thought that counts. You have good kids. Good job Alec with your camping that is amazing. I like to camp but not in the cold what a man! You are a great mom. Tracy Happy Birthday you are awesome don't worry about the number. You are beautiful and look so young.
I recently discovered your blog and wanted to bring your attention to a winter camping resource that you might find interesting and worth relaying to your readers - www.WinterCampers.com
We have a not-for-profit web site and focus on winter camping in Upstate NY and the Adirondacks.
We have a comprehensive collection of Winter Camping Articles from varied journals and newspapers.
Our discussion of Winter Camping Skills includes an article on How to Get Started Winter Camping, we have special tips on Leave No Trace for Winter Campers, there are Trip Logs and Photos from past adventures, how to build snow shelters, advanced Winter Camping Tips, Winter Camping Recipes and a Winter Camping Video.
Winter Camping Gear includes several gear reviews, a Sample Gear List, a discussion of The Ten Essentials and examples of What’s In My Pack? by different winter campers.
Our look at the Lighter Side of Winter Camping includes: a collection of Winter and Wilderness Survival Quizzes, a tongue in cheek Winter Camping Application, Winter Camping Poems, Winter Camping Quotes and the Top Ten List Reasons to Go Winter Camping.
Finally, our BLOG has the latest winter camping news, pictures and chatter.
Please give it your consideration.
Thank you
So cute that your girls made you breakfast! Nothings better than luke warm soggy cereal. Happy Birthday!
Well, happy birthday to you!
Your kids are so big now!!! So great to see your blog. What a fun way to keep in touch. Say "hello" to Chris for us.
I loved being able to sing to you on your birthday :) It was SO FUNNY to talk about the winter camping in the kitchen that night. OH HO. Having you a part of any conversation always makes it so much more fun :)
Oh, and I'm so glad you've got some resources to find out more about your favorite winter camping sport. Ha!
I should be spending my time studying, but am finding your blog so compelling! It's quite funny, and heart-warming, and, at times, sad. The "magic kitchen" one was especially touching.
CMc
Happy birthday to you birthday buddy!
was that really your birthday post?!?! Awww, Happy birthday Tracy. I think you had one of the prettiest happy birthdays ever sung to you at the party. :-) And I am with you on the winter camping thing.... I just don't get it.
I didn't know you had a birthday! Happy birthday, Tracy! You are such a vivacious woman and you will never be "old"! What sweet girls to make you breakfast!
No matter the number...you don't look it! You are georgeous!! Happy Birthday!
I'm just glad you made the right choice about what to do on your birthday night and who to share your birthday dinner with!
Happy Birthday!
The cereal thing is just too funny!
Post a Comment