Tuesday, November 4, 2008

8 Things Tag

I've been tagged three times to do this post, so I suppose tonight is a good night since I'm alone, up way too late, and trying to stop myself from eating Halloween candy. But this was very hard to only pick eight TV shows that I watch, since I watch many more than that. It's like asking to only list eight boys you've kissed -- how do you choose?

8 TV Shows I Love to Watch:
  • 1. Survivor (watched the longest)
  • 2. Desperate Housewives (makes me laugh & cringe)
  • 3. The Office (quirky & unpredictable)
  • 4. Prison Break (thrilling & intense)
  • 5. Boston Legal (unexplainable devotion)
  • 6. Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders, Making the Team (just for fun)
  • 7. Samantha Who (new & different)
  • 8. The Amazing Race (takes me places never been)
Okay. Those descriptions not only described my shows, but some past dates. Now there's a potentially fun post, but back to my other 8 things for now...

8 Favorite Restaurants:
  • 1. El Torito (ate there every weekend as newlyweds)
  • 2. Don Pablos (kids love this place)
  • 3. On The Border (newly discovered, yummy)
  • 4. PF Chang's China Bistro (my Chinese food fix)
  • 5. Cheesecake Factory (fun place for girls' night)
  • 6. Rocky Run (love atmosphere)
  • 7. Mimi's Cafe (memories of California)
  • 8. Chef Geoff's (feeling fancy place)
8 Things That Happened Yesterday:
(Doing blog after midnight, but writing about Sunday)
  • 1. Was on time to church
  • 2. Taught about 10 minutes of my Sunday School lesson
  • 3. Took Sophia to Mendy's. Took Alec to Jared's
  • 4. Started reading Midnight Sun
  • 5. Fell into Edward coma
  • 6. Kids devoured candy while I was in another world with Edward
  • 7. Decided on new Edward shirt to buy from cafepress.com
  • 8. Called a sleeping Chris in Florida; chastised him for not calling me to tell me he landed safely

8 Things I'm Looking Forward To:

  • 1. Going to California for Christmas
  • 2. Going to Seattle for friend's wedding
  • 3. Seeing Edward on big screen
  • 4. Getting my new Edward shirt
  • 5. Seeing my new niece
  • 6. Halloween candy being gone
  • 7. Christmas parties
  • 8. Chris being off reserve

8 Things On My Wish List:

  • 1. Mom could speak again
  • 2. House with huge bedrooms
  • 3. Bigger closet
  • 4. Smaller stomach & hips
  • 5. Good friends for my children
  • 6. New cell phone
  • 7. Full-time housekeeper
  • 8. A bedroom full of feathers

13 comments:

Mendy said...

Two reasons I love Tracy:
1. Makes me tear up ("Mom could talk")
2. Makes me laugh ("Bedroom full of feathers")

You are a nut! Thanks for finally doing this. See how fun it was?

Why haven't we been to Rocky Run for a while? Let's fix that!

Diana said...

This was fun to read and learn more about you. You're going to Cali for Christmas? I'm so jealous! My parents are still there but they are coming HERE for Christmas! Dang.

Christie said...

I loved your wish list... #1 made me sad. I can't imagine Tracy. We need to have a girls night soon. WE should do something before Edward this month

supersonicjan said...

I don't know what El Torito is, but that's where the residents are taking us on Thursday!

whitney allison said...

If I had a nickel for every comment Mendy left saying she had teared up...well you know...

Anyway, I'm suprised you didn't list Del Taco, you seem to mention it a lot. I've been bitten by it myself. A few weeks ago when Shawn was out of town I ate their 3 days in a row!!! Um, what weight problem?

Joni said...

I want a bedroom full of feathers too. I'd settle for just the private island, though, if forced to pick:)

Julia said...

For my birthday my sister gave me a sticker that says, "Superman wears Edward Cullen pajamas" Thought you might appreciate that :D

Jann said...

This was very fun to read.

What is Rocky Run? Never heard of it.

~ Amy said...

If you like PF Changs, have you tried PEI WEI in Columbia? It's owned by PF Changs but "fast food".

cechols said...

Will we really see you at Christmas??? -- Your wish list is almost my wish list (6 out of 8!)

Corinne said...

You are so stink' fun, friend. I loved your reasons :)

Anonymous said...

You're looking forward more to seeing girly Edward more than you are your new niece? What kind of priorities are those?

Cami said...

What a great list! we've got humor, romance (edward coma--you silly!), love, sorrow, and frivolity. Awesome.