Friday, November 21, 2008

TWILIGHT MOVIE!

About three things I'm absolutely positive about. First, Edward on the big screen was amazing -- the way he looked at Bella, the way he said the lines from the book that made me melt, and how when he kissed her, I was tingling all over. When he put his lips on her neck, I nearly lost it. When he appeared on the screen, you could hear the gasps of joy across the theater. The same reaction occurred when they showed Carlisle's gorgeous face. And even though I know James had to die, it was enjoyable seeing his masculine features for the short time I had to enjoy them.
My only real disappointment was the meadow scene was not like the book. That was the one scene I couldn't wait to see acted out, when Bella sees Edward in the sunlight for the first time and how it was so intense as she was touching him, discovering what he was. But as they showed close-ups of Edwards gorgeous eyes, all was forgiven.

Second, seeing the movie opening night at midnight with almost 40 women who immersed themselves in the whole Twilight experience was unforgettable. The best was Mendy calling out these women who tried to cut in line. There was no way she was letting these women in. After her first warning when they didn't leave she used her mean mama voice, "No, I'm serious. You have to go to the end of the line. You can't stay here." No one comes between Mendy and her Edward!
A majority of us wore our Twilight shirts with sayings like, "Addicted to Edward," "Why Am I covered in Feathers?" "Yes, I Admit I Read Books About Teenage Vampires," and my favorite since I own it, "Edward Can Bust My Headboard, Bite My Pillows, and Bruise My Body Any Day." There were even a few "Team Jacob" shirts, which I thought they should've put those women in their own theater.

Third, I am still unconditionally and irrevocably loving Twilight and Edward. I loved seeing scenes I read being played out on the big screen and the characters come to life, and most of all seeing it with great friends. I will see it again, because, yes, I was dazzled.

13 comments:

Julia said...

hmmm, maybe I will have to go see this movie after all... ;) I'll let you know when I plan on going; maybe you can come with and enlighten me?

Mendy said...

You were dazzled? I couldn't tell. Just kidding. I loved when a couple of teenagers laughed at my shirt in the Women's Restroom.

I loved that kiss! I wish they had a rewind button in the theaters. Ooh, Baby!

You know I am still not over the too-heavy make-up on the Cullens or the demolition of the meadow scene, but I still managed to enjoy myself. And it wouldn't have been the same at all without you there next to me, Mrs. Cullen!

Jenni said...

Yay yay yay!!! Oh I forgive them too for the inaccuracies - it was just SO awesome to see the book come to life and I quite enjoyed oogling Edward!! Man, Carlisle is a handsome man too, no?!! I'm so so glad you guys had an great time!! I miss you all a ton!!!

Jenni said...

BTW I'm going again tonight with my hubby - can't help but go for a double dose on opening day!!!:)

Corinne said...

I was so happy to be in that theater with you - it definitely made it a more lively experience :)

Heidi said...

I'm glad you liked it. I can't wait to see it--although I probably won't get there for a while. I don't know any hugely addicted fans around here. I know my husband isn't exactly rushing to the theater!

Dawn said...

Wish i could've come? it doesn't open here until December. Glad you enjoyed it

Brenda said...

That was so fun! I'm glad I did the midnight thing although it totally killed me!! Love your shirt! (:

By the way, I was wondering why you haven't written forever! Turns out, I missed putting your address on my Reader, and you introduced it to me!! ARgh! (: I guess I have some catching up to do....

Kellie said...

Sorry I wasn't there to have the full experience. I loved reading this, though. It brings the whole experience to life for me. I'm glad you were dazzled and that it was so much fun for you!

whitney allison said...

You are hilarious! Love your shirt...but I'm sure there are those in the blogosphere who find it HIGHLY inappropriate! How dare you!

Christie said...

oooh, it was SO fun!!! I want to go again! That will be 3 for me! Call me when you go.

erin sheely said...

I finally got to go see this!! It was superfun.

Deb said...

i admit, i'm a convert to edward, but i still feel for jacob and really, the movie didn't give jacob a fair shake either! honestly, who would have picked him over edward? no one.

and yes, the meadow scene was disappointing, but overall, fun, fun, fun! did chris like it?