Thursday, November 6, 2008

An Older Man

Today Chris woke up to the kids very loudly saying "Happy Birthday!" We celebrated Chris' 40-something special day by eating a lot and shopping. Alec and Sophia were at school, so Selena & I took Chris to lunch at an El Salvador restaurant, then headed over to Kohl's. While Chris looked at juicers and doormats, Selena & I went to the clothes section. To celebrate Chris' day, I bought a very nice jacket for myself.

I told him he was having the best birthday -- eating & shopping. He didn't seem as excited as I was. Then when everyone was home from school, we went to dinner at a pizza buffet where they had a big screen TV playing the Disney channel. The kids have never been so well behaved. They sat facing the TV, eating all the pizza, mac & cheese, and cookies they could shove in their mouths. I'm tempted to have dinner there every night. (For my friends close by, it's on Route 1 across from Popeye's)
I've done recent posts on all the great things Chris does for me and what an amazing man he is, so I'll just wish him a happy birthday and say my favorite thing about him is that he put up with me for almost two decades and can still manage a smile.

10 comments:

Christie said...

Awww, Happy Birthday Chris! What a guy.

Mendy said...

How many meals out does one birthday require? You're at four already for this one birthday! Hilarious.

I'm glad you finally used your coupon on a new jacket from Kohl's. It better keep you warm!

Diana said...

You and your husband are so cute together!! Looks like you had a great birthday celebration. I always take advantage of shopping opportunities! And, by the way, I have a husband who is in his 40s, too!

cechols said...

Give my birthday wishes to Chris as well!! He's catching up to the rest of us! - I saw Ben's blog, you are rubbing off on everyone! We need to chat more via telephone!

CJohnson said...

Wait...are those recent pictures? Holy cow you look good. I miss my sweet friend, Tracy. You look amazing.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Old Man! : )
So glad we're friends w/ the family, although very sad I'm not mentioned in the Blog. : )
The Briscoe's

Amber said...

What a perfect gift to give your husband - the chance to see you happily purchasing a jacket for yourself. You are a true philanthropist and good wife!!

Cami said...

YAY! Happy b-day. I hope he got what HE wanted too!

erin sheely said...

So what pizza buffet is this?! I'm glad you guys had such a good time.

Heidi said...

I love that picture of you two.