The day was Monday. It started out with Mendy calling me to remind me that Selena had a class at the library, which I always forget about, since I didn't sign her up for it -- Mendy did. I had a job that morning, but Chris was home and so he was able to take Selena to the library and then drove her and her friends to preschool.
Then when I arrived home from work, I asked Chris if he could do a Costco run. He gladly went out in the cold wind while I stayed home in an empty house and worked on transcripts with no interruption while occasionally sampling Halloween candy.
When he returned, he put all the food away and then got back in the car to go back to the preschool to bring Selena and her friends home. He was only home for a short time and then got back in the car to go pick up Sophia from school. All the while, I was still home in my comfy clothes, sampling chocolates.
After the kids were in bed, Chris then went to the grocery store with a list and a handful of coupons that I gave him. He's one to shop for deals and took advantage of the buy one, get one free items. After the cashier rang up all of the groceries and applied the coupons, Chris had saved so much money, that they had to call the manager over to approve the sale. He said there were ladies in line who were very impressed with his shopping skills.
When he returned home once again, he unloaded all the groceries and put everything away. I was in heaven as I watched him take out a bag of Doritos with a brand-new flavor and two half gallons of ice cream. Then he said he had one more thing in the car. I couldn't imagine what else was left. I had my Spicy Chili flavored Doritos and ice cream -- what more could I ask for?
He walked back in the house and handed me flowers. This is major, because he's not really a flower giver. I was in shock and felt guilty for having him do so much that day while I was home eating Bon-Bons.
It's amazing how this day was so much more relaxing since I didn't have to do any of the running around. I loved having a driver and personal shopper. If every day were like this it would make things so much easier, but I'd be over 200 lbs. So I guess I shouldn't complain when I'm forced to actually leave my house.
8 comments:
Have you made him read this? You should! You told me about the ice cream, but not about the flowers. That sure was a nice surprise! I'm jealous because you know I hate running errands with kids and I can't ever get out without them since my husband is never home. Live it up, my friend!
Awww, how sweet. Running all those errands and then still spoiling you!!! And Chris bought FLOWERS!!! Are you kidding me?!?! Were they real? Cuz that would be a waste seeing as how those would die! ;-) I am so glad to hear that you got spoiled, what a guy. (This is where I make a little joke about the Vasectomy) LOL!!! Oh I am so witty. :-)
What a guy! It is great to have a husband home, especially if he's doing useful stuff and not playing online games or something. sigh
I love the story about the manager having to verify the sale of all those discounted groceries! Your husband is super!
What a lovely post about your sweet hubby!! Doing the shopping and then bringing you flowers - that's awesome!!(Of course I will be making Adrian read this post as soon as possible!:))
Man, that is AWESOME! Jeff still asks me how to boil water. I'm not sure he could possibly manage the grocery store:) What a great day.
That is awesome.
Oh, I LOVE LOVE LOVE when Jake does all the shopping and returning and errands for me. Hoorah!
Post a Comment