Friday, October 17, 2008

A Day Off??

Last night was a late night. I stayed up to finish a rush job on a failed vasectomy. After over 100 pages of testimony, let's just say I could describe the procedure in great detail and explain all the things that could go wrong.
Of course now that I'm a zombie after having very little sleep, the kids have the day off of school, which means a house full of little friends. I served everyone a nutritious lunch of hot dogs and chips, then sent them outside to play. I look forward to them finally having a full week of school.
Now Chris is on his way to New York, the Diet Coke is wearing off, and I can't wait for bedtime.

11 comments:

Mendy said...

At least Chris was home to help with the madness. Next time, use your key to my house and come over for peace and quiet (this will only work when I am out-of-town, of course).

Deb said...

wouldn't it be nice if the kids did actually go to school FIVE days a week??

Jenni said...

Wow, that case you were working on sounds crazy!! I'm with you on the full week of school thing! Sophie actually has a full week off for "fall break" - what's up with that??:)

Jared - Christina said...

A failed vasectomy? That should go along with your last post (which I enjoyed reading very much but never left my comment!)
Hope you get some rest! :)

Jared - Christina said...

ps....Sophia cracks me up in every single picture I see! She's always got the funniest/cutest pose and expression!

supersonicjan said...

awesome... so how did the guy find out it was failed... he got his wife/girlfriend/mistress pregnant or something?

Christie said...

Is that your hubby in the background holding a barbie. :-) Well at lease he was home for some of the fun of the day off school.

Jann said...

You are so great to have friends come over. You are a lot more fun than me. I made my kids clean.

Joni said...

Gosh, your first line had me imagining you with a knife hovering over some poor guy, trying to fix a mistake!

Kellie said...

You are the Kool-aid mom-the place where everbody wants to hang out. I love that!

Diana said...

Hello, new court reporting friend! Thanks for the comment on my blog. Feel free to add me to your list of friends. Hope you're doing well in Maryland and enjoying the work there. We lived in Silver Springs, MD for a spell while my husband was working at Walter Reed ... Army doctor.

Take care and keep in touch!