Last night for me was like the Super Bowl for Chris. I look forward to watching the Oscars with friends as we eat way too many calories, comment on the good, the bad, the ugly dresses, fast forward boring speeches, and check who got the most correct on our Oscar ballots. Jenni came in first, then me, then Janae, and dare I say it -- Mendy came in last. (She hates to lose anything so let's not mention it) In her defense, there was no skill involved since it's a total guessing game.
The only movie anyone saw was Juno. But it's been a long time since I've been able to see the Oscar movies. They are way too violent or sexual for me, so even if I went to see them, I'd have my eyes closed the whole time. So I watch, not really having a favorite film I hope wins, but for the whole experience of seeing the stars, their dresses, and my favorite part, the opening monologue and jokes from the host.
One of the things I can't stand however, are when the stars start babbling about their political beliefs. I really don't care how they feel about the president or global warming. I watch to be entertained, not lectured. Thankfully they controlled themselves last night.
It was a fun night that ended after midnight, when we had our fill of chocolate chip cookies, pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, various chocolate candies, and Velveeta & chili dip with chips. I'm so glad the writer's strike ended so I had an excuse to eat 1000 calories while watching my favorite award show with fun friends. Until next year...
Monday, February 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I am so sad I missed it :-( I was home with the flu. :-( Boo Hoo. I needed a girls night too.
You only ate 1000 calories? Why were you holding back? It is always fun to watch with you, Meatloaf.
I make Jake fast forward all the speeches or else I gag myself to death. Ugh. But did you see that HORRIBLY hideous dress on Daniel Day Louis's wife or date or whoever? The red bows? Ugh. Yuck. Anyway, I want to come next time!!
I hope you don't mind but I'm going to go ahead and add you to my list of blogs I read. I mean, you've left me 2 comments now and I'd say that pretty much qualifies us as close friends. Plus I get a sense of satisfaction every time I add another blog to my list.
That sound fun!! I want to come next time to. Glad you girls had a great time.
Ahhh...hearing Mndy call you Meatloaf brought back lots of memories :-).
Wish I could of watched it with you. I would of been invited!-right????
Hey, I loved your "tag" list that you did a couple blogs ago! I am just catching up on blogs.
I have never seen the Oscars!! I know crazy!! I just can't stand to watch reviews about something I know nothing about... (like you, I haven't seen any of the movies).
Thanks for the invite though, I hate to miss out on a girls night with food too! (:
Such fun!! I love your cheesy dip Tracy!! And grading dresses with you was a blast!
i get annoyed with entertainers thinking they're political experts, too. glad you had fun - and ate lots of goodies.... it's always a treat to analyze the fashion.
Post a Comment