But I should stop being the annoying little sister and disclosing George's adventures as a youth. He has thankfully grown up. He served a mission in Honduras, married a girl who we grew up with and love so much, and he gave my parents their first grandchild more than a decade ago. He now has two great children, the same wonderful wife, and is serving as bishop in the ward I grew up in. Happy Birthday George!
Thursday, February 7, 2008
Georgie Porgie
My big brother George is another year older today. Growing up all we had to do was yell, "Mom" or "Dad" and without knowing what was going on, they would yell back, "George!" Because it was probably his fault if we were upset. He managed to fall off a roof and break both his arms as a teenager. He also fell off a moving car and split his head open. He and his friend both shaved their heads bald just because.
But I should stop being the annoying little sister and disclosing George's adventures as a youth. He has thankfully grown up. He served a mission in Honduras, married a girl who we grew up with and love so much, and he gave my parents their first grandchild more than a decade ago. He now has two great children, the same wonderful wife, and is serving as bishop in the ward I grew up in. Happy Birthday George!
But I should stop being the annoying little sister and disclosing George's adventures as a youth. He has thankfully grown up. He served a mission in Honduras, married a girl who we grew up with and love so much, and he gave my parents their first grandchild more than a decade ago. He now has two great children, the same wonderful wife, and is serving as bishop in the ward I grew up in. Happy Birthday George!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Awww, you gotta love big brothers. If he is anything like Brent he doesn't have the slightest recollection of doing ANY of those mean things. :-)
This was so fun to read. Big brothers are the best.
Post a Comment