Saturday, August 1, 2009

Family Treasures

My sister Laura and I tackled a major project for two days. We went through all of our family pictures. That's elementary school pictures for six children and yes, my mother bought school pictures every year for every child, just like I do. We also had a ton of birthdays, Christmases, proms, and vacation pictures to go through. So we went through boxes and boxes of photos, separating pictures for each or our siblings. It was so fun reminiscing as we saw photos of events we had forgotten about and complaining about how we looked because of some unfortunate style choices we made.
But also in these boxes of treasures we found my parents missionary pictures from Mexico, where they both served and some of their wedding photos. We also found pictures my mom never showed us of her youth. For some reason she didn't like showing us all her pictures and I don't know why because she was so beautiful.
I also found tons of pictures from my high school days and I can guarantee once I get home to my scanner, there will be many, many Flashback Friday posts with lots of big hair.
Selena and Alec with their triplet cousins, Tatum, Liam and Shane.

The last time I saw my nephew, I know I was taller than him. He's now a man at 17. Time goes too fast -- I remember changing his diapers!
Connie and I have been friends since puberty. Then we became forever linked when her sister finally gave into my very persistent brother and they married. We also both chose the same job path and are loving our careers as court reporters.
Ever since my girls have been taking care of the newest baby of the family, they're begging for a new sibling.
I'm grateful for my sister-in-law Cheri for taking on the job of being my brother's wife. It can't be easy living with a man who constantly called me "butt munch" when we were growing up.


When we got to the desert, Chris took Selena to a motorcross track to watch the races. She came home and was saying, "I didn't take the picture!" I was confused until she showed me all the pictures they took and this is what I saw -- a not so attractive bottom. She was laughing. I think it was the highlight of the races, laughing at a man's unfortunate sitting position.

6 comments:

Christie said...

How fun to go through all those pictures. Love the last pic of Selena. And the butt crack is Classic!! LOL I love it!

Jenni said...

All those pictures sound great! I can't wait to see the big hair posts!:) That crack picture is awfully funny!!:)

Greg and Nicole Jensen said...

Can't wait to see the big hair. I will post some if you do.

Heidi said...

Can't wait for the flashback posts! Love that last picture.

cechols said...

You weren't supposed to use one of those photos!! -- We really enjoyed having you guys here!! I hope Alec had fun at our house and I know everyone had fun at Laura's!! Love ya Sis!

Unknown said...

Those pictures sound as there was a great fun. Hope everybody enjoyed. Wish everything going well.

--
Jhon
Get the best FREE offers on the Best Home security Systems