Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Lots of Firsts at Deep Creek

While the kids are away, Chris and I decided to play. Alec was at scout camp and the girls were at a sleepover (thanks again, Mendy). So Chris and I headed off to Deep Creek and spent a couple days at our very first Bed & Breakfast.
It was a trip with lots of firsts for me. As we did all the activities offered at the lake, Chris and I realized I haven't done a lot of things in my life like he has.










I went on my first canoe ride and my first ride in a paddle boat.












We both have played pool and tennis before, but never against each other. He of course clobbered me at both. He was less competitive during the bike ride and waited for me as I struggled on the hills.
























I played my first game of horseshoes, but apparently Chris played a lot in his youth. I actually didn't do too badly. I got a ringer before he did and was ready to stop playing, but Chris wanted to keep going and I knew it was because he couldn't let me get a ringer without him getting one too. It didn't take him long to get one and then we could move on. We took a picture of my horseshoe over his -- it was a great moment for me.









We both experienced our first ride on a mountain roller coaster. It was so fast and so scary. Chris flew down, but I was grateful for the brakes that I kept applying on my way down the mountain. I kept thinking how my kids would love all these activities, especially the roller coaster, so I'm sure we'll be back with the kids next time.

Our first time at a bed and breakfast was a great experience. The hosts were so nice and the guests were all friendly. I can't believe how much we packed into a two day/one night getaway. If I stayed active like that at home, I'd never have to use my treadmill again!

11 comments:

Christie said...

Wow that is a ton of stuff. Sounds like fun! Funny how kids stop us from enjoying each other as friends. what a treat to have this get away.

Dawn said...

wow, all these first, where have you been your entire life?

felicity & nathaniel said...

How do I get your job again?
:)
--Nathaniel

Jann said...

That sounds like so much fun!

Jenni said...

What a great get-away!! So glad you guys were able to go!

Kellie said...

What a lovely time! Glad you got to have a fun getaway!

Deb said...

sounds fun - but exhausting. all that competition can't be relaxing. :)

Joni said...

I didn't even know that mountain roller coasters exist. That looks so cool!

Jeri said...

So fun! You look like a babe in that canoe!

Amber said...

Look at you hot mama! Yes we finally have internet again. You look fantastic and what fun you guys had. Good Times. We just got into our place in Korea happy to be out of the hotel. We will post soon.

erin sheely said...

What a blast!! I'm so glad you had fun with your husband!