Thankfully he did not get called out and was able to drive us to Taco Bell and Kentucky Fried Chicken to pick up our picnic dinner before we sat among hundreds of people waiting for the fireworks to start.
Before we got to that point though, our morning started out with our church's traditional 4th of July breakfast. The kids love being with all their friends and I love being with mine too. The kids wrote letters to soldiers and we sang patriotic songs before having a breakfast of pancakes, eggs and watermelon.
I'm so glad Chris was there so the kids didn't have to spend the night in our basement while I shoved treats at them and tried to get them excited about fireworks on the tube instead of live.
7 comments:
Nice to see you looking a little patriotic this year girlie! Oh, man. It would be so nice to see you all again. I miss you so. Did I mention you are looking smokin' these days? Good for you!
Sounds good! I didn't know that Bass pro shop does this. Cool. SO glad you didn't make those kids watch on the TV poor souls. :-)
Cute, cute family, Tracy. I'm glad your hubby didn't get called up. Is that what they call it?
Yeah, my husband was home and we STILL skipped fireworks. I feel a little guilty about it. But it was relaxing. I miss that breakfast. No such thing around here.
It was a fun day, wasn't it? We did all that and I had a 4 hour nap! Hee hee.
I don't ever want to hear talk of you missing fireworks. We watch them together. It's tradition.
I thought you were going to post with photos of Selena and Teensy as babies and now. You should. Do it. DO IT I say!
Wow! You make me feel kind of sad I missed the picnic (my mattress wouldn't let me go, honest!). I did end up watching fireworks on TV, for a few minutes, not as exciting as being there in person, but still pretty cool. My cat didn't much care for them, though.
What a fun 4th celebration. My boys would love the Bass pro shop stuff. Maybe next year.
Post a Comment