Monday, June 8, 2009

Springtime Happenings

I'm so behind in posting what's been going on, so I just decided to post pictures to help me get caught up.
Selena had her end of the year picnic for preschool. I can't believe I'm all done with babies and preschool. Starting in September, I'll have all my kids in school -- I can't be that old! Selena and Marlee had a great school year together and they'll be devastated if they don't get in the same kindergarten class in the fall.
Selena loved her teacher, Ms. Vanessa, who was so motherly and sweet to the class.

Sophia had her Enrichment Fair and loved showing us all her fun projects.

Alec is a little more reluctant about showing his school projects at his Enrichment Fair, but did a great job on his report about why we should have sports in middle school.
We've had days off of school when we've invited friends over. This day the kids enjoyed a picnic outside, since my kitchen couldn't fit all of them
The girls had some friends over one night and they danced to Hannah Montana, while Alec tried to get noticed.
Our neighborhood pool opened and the kids couldn't wait. The water is totally freezing, but they don't care. They jump in and swim as long as they can. I've been working on my tan, but have yet to get in the pool. I figure by July the water will be warm enough for me to swim in.
The girls think the best part about watching Alec play baseball is going to the Snack Shack and eating snow cones. Alec had an exciting game where he was asked to pitch. My friend said, "Oh, Alec is pitching." I said, "No, Alec doesn't pitch." Then I looked up and there he was on the pitcher's mound! They ran out of pitchers and he was asked to step in. He did great for his first time -- struck out three batters and got his team out of two innings. He loved it.
Selena has lots of play dates and they involve a lot of dressups, makeup and lots of snacks.
We attended a neighborhood street fair, where the best part is eating strawberry shortcake.
We've been busy with lots of activities and can't wait for school to be over for everyone so we can go visit family out of state. But even with all we've had going on, I still have found time to watch the preview on the internet for the New Moon movie coming out in November -- I totally squealed and can't wait to go with all my friends. I think I might need to get a new shirt for the occasion!

8 comments:

cechols said...

Yay! I finally get to see what you've been up too! -- My kids don't get out of school until the 18th. It's been crazy with concerts, banquets and recitals! Hopefully we'll make it to Vegas on the 1st of July to see baby Isabel! Can't wait to see you next month!

Christie said...

Good to hear what's been up. I hear you on the waiting for summer thing... I am so tried of school, it's holding me back from all the playing I want to do. :-) Your girls are so cute, and what a great job Alec did on the pitchers mound.

Ira and Heather said...

Hey slacker
The kids are getting so big and yes you are getting old. Sorry to have to tell you that I know your husband won't tell you because he values his life. I can tell you because I now live across the states from you and I think I am safe distance away from you.

ira

Jann said...

It looks like you are having lots of fun. I love summer and can't wait for the kids to be out of school.

Heidi said...

Sounds like a fun summer so far. This is my first year that I'm realizing that summer can be busier than the school year. I never knew! What a difference older kids makes.

Can't wait for New Moon!

Jenni said...

Wow, lots of fun times!! So glad you made time for the New Moon preview!!:)

Heidi said...

I don't have your email address, so I have to send you this link here. Sorry!

I just found a great Twilight website for your hubby. http://twilightwidower.blogspot.com/

It's really funny. Enjoy.

Kellie said...

Fun update, Tracy. I should give you all of Sara's old dress-up clothes. It looks like you would put them to good use. I loved Alec's head sticking out from under all those dancing feet. Bless his heart.