Usually this only happens with clothes shopping -- oh, and I guess food. When I go through a drive-thru, I'm always afraid I won't have enough food when we get home, so I order extra and we end up having too much. That's not my fault though. I get that from my dad. When we were young, my mom would tell my dad to order six tacos. Then my dad would say, "I'd like 16 tacos." He wanted to make sure none of
his kids went hungry. This annoyed my mom, just like it annoys Chris when I do it.
Well, this time my compulsive ordering happened when I received a catalog for sports activities for the kids. I didn't realize how much I had signed the kids up for until I received the confirmation letter with all the dates. Holy cow, I'm going to be doing a lot of driving around.
Here's what I did to myself for the next couple of months -- Monday, basketball & baseball
practice. Tuesday, piano. Wednesday, Boy Scouts. Thursday, tennis & gymnastics. Saturday, baseball games. Then during Spring Break, Alec is doing a flag football camp. And later Sophia is taking a field hockey class. At least my Fridays are free.
I know we're not supposed to over schedule our kids, but it's only a couple months and then I'll let them have the rest of the summer off. And next time I receive a catalog for anything, I'll try to have more self-control.
12 comments:
I know how you feel - you're a great mom, giving your kids so many opportunities :)
You are definitely related to George!! Just order it and it may come in handy later!! When are you going to make time to come to California??? -- Welcome to my world of chauffeuring kids here and there and everywhere! At least you're not working full time on top of it!
what's summer without a few activities right?! :)
Congrats on sophia's baptism. I'm not sure how we missed the two baptism announcements!
Being busy is a good thing. You get more done!
You are so funny. You kids will love all of that.
You're so funny, my kids would like to come and live at your house for a while. Sounds like a fun time tho.
I love the taco story! You make me laugh Tracy and I bet your kids will tons of fun with their activities!
It is hard to pick and choose. They'll have fun and you'll have lots of time to listen to music in the car while you drive them around.
I am jealous. I want to do all that stuff. If your kids are tired let me know, and I will go in their place. =)
good thing the price of gas has gone down. :)
I hope your kids love it. I keep saying I'll get my kids into lessons, and I never do. Maybe I need to be a little more impulsive and act immediately like you do!
Wow! That's awesome. It will be busy but it's fun to let your kids have some good times in the summer.
Post a Comment