Then they had SWAT teams there and policemen who were part of the K9 unit and did demonstrations with their police dogs. It was amazing to see the dogs who would let all the kids pet them and were so friendly, then all of a sudden on a command from the police, attack another officer who was wearing protective gear. The dogs were so obedient -- I wish they could train kids too.
They had an eating area where they handed out hot dogs, soda and chips --yes, all free.
Then for all kids 8 to 17 years of age they gave free airplane rides or helicopter rides. Since Alec has been on a lot of planes, but never a helicopter, he was very excited to have his first helicopter ride. He even received a certificate for being a young flyer.
There was something for each member of the family -- bouncing for the girls, helicopter ride for Alec, airplanes & free food for Chris, but what about me? Well, there were tons of men walking around in their police uniforms and SWAT uniforms, what more could I ask for?
14 comments:
Ha! I love the thing about the uniformed men.
You're a sucker for a uniform huh? Should have guessed that with a pilot husband. :-) So why didn't we spread the news about this lovely event? My kids would have loved that!!! Let us know if you hear of it again. :-)
I knew it even before I read it that you were giddy about the men in uniform. Is this an annual event? We'll have to join you next year!
I have to admit I have a thing for guys in uniform too! :) Let me know if you go to this next year.
Sounds like a really fun day!
Did you forget uniformed men like that is all I work with!! BJ has also been able to go up in the Sheriff's helicopter here! 'Glad you had fun!!
Did you forget uniformed men like that is all I work with!! BJ has also been able to go up in the Sheriff's helicopter here! 'Glad you had fun!!
That sounds like a lot of fun! I'm glad there was something for everyone ;)
Holy cow! Maybe my boys would think they'd died and gone to heaven :)
Man what a blast. We want to come next year too!!
sounds like you had a great time!!
wow! so fun! i agree with christie. give me a heads up next time. my boys would love that.
What a fun day! Glad you let your friends know about it!
Looks fun and crazy!
Post a Comment