Saturday, December 29, 2012

Catching Up

Time flies when you haven't blogged for over a year.  I didn't even realize it had been so long until Selena was looking at my blog, enjoying all the pictures of herself and laughing at my poofy 80s hair, and then I noticed how long it had been since I last posted.  So it's time for some quick updates.
Alec is 15 going on 30.  He's now in 10th grade and loving playing basketball for his high school team.  I love watching him play.  He gets his serious game face on, but will still give me a nod when I yell his name and wave.  He reminds me constantly that he'll be driving soon, which brings up my stress level just a tad.  His love of shoes rivals mine, which makes him fun to shop with, but not when he dips into my shoe budget.
Here is Sophia on her first day of middle school.  I was more nervous than she was, but she's adjusted so well.  So far we haven't had any drama that often comes at the middle school age.  She's so independent, and I've had to back off and realize she doesn't want me to do her hair anymore or pick out her clothes.  I did veto her request for adding a splash of color to her hair.  I told her she can color her hair when it starts getting gray and at no time before then.
My Selena is now in 3rd grade, but she's like a 16 year old already.  She's had an exciting year.  This summer she got to see Big Time Rush in concert in Vegas.  Then last month she went to Justin Bieber's concert in DC.  She had the time of her life and I loved seeing her reaction as they took the stage.  She was shaking from excitement.  I told her to calm down, it wasn't like Bon Jovi was performing. 

I think the most exciting thing for the kids the past year has been moving to a new home where they each get their own room and a pool to swim in.  I was so grateful for our pool this summer when we lost power for three days, but kids weren't miserable since they could swim and not be in the hot house.  It also brings friends closer to you, because when they lose their air conditioning in this east coast heat and humidity, they're at your door with a watermelon and their towels, ready to swim.

As for Chris, his highlight was buying a toy he's been wanting forever.  Growing up, his family would go to the lake and water ski, go tubing, and sailing.  Personally, I get nauseous at the thought of sailing, but it's heaven to Chris. 

So his dream came true when he got his boat and he was able to teach the kids how to water ski (some did better than others) and thrash them around as he pulled them on the tube.

 As for my highlight this year?  Well, it wasn't really my highlight, but it was a lot of fun -- I had my night out with the girls as we watched Edward on the big screen for the last time.  The crowd was great as we were all there for the same purpose -- to squeal when Edward said something that made us melt or when Jacob shed his clothes. 

2 comments:

Julia said...

So glad to hear from you again!! Sounds like everyone's doing great! :)

Anonymous said...

We are urgently in need of kidney donors in Kokilaben Hospital India for the sum of $450,000,00,For more info
Email: kokilabendhirubhaihospital@gmail.com
WhatsApp +91 7795833215