Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Best Friends Ever!

Some of my favorite things are nachos, pumpkin chocolate cookies, chocolate fountains, karaoke, presents and fun friends. And all of these things were at Mendy's house last week when she invited me over for a surprise birthday party.
When I saw all of my friends gathered together, I got teary eyed and realized how grateful I am for them. Since moving east, these ladies have become my family.
The party was so much fun, especially when the singing started. I realized my favorite duet to sing is "I Got You Babe." Janae joined me for that Sonny & Cher classic. And I realized that "Endless Love" is totally out of my range, although Mendy and I gave it a shot.
Here are some pictures from the night that made turning 40 not so painful.

Mendy knows exactly what I like, and was so thoughtful to have all my favorite foods for me.

My friends were so generous and sweet with their gifts of flowers, chocolates, a massage, jewelry, lotions, a super fancy purse, and of course, the evening wouldn't be complete without Edward!


My dear friend Kiersten took singing "Total Eclipse of the Heart" to a whole new level. I love this picture that shows how emotional and entertaining her performance was.

If you can't tell, they were singing, "Girls Just Want to Have Fun," which is what they were doing.

Mendy needed some background dancers as she sang, "It's in His Kiss." Who knew Laurrel and Julie had such fancy moves!

Thanks to all of my sweet, sweet friends for making me feel so special and for coming to help celebrate a major birthday for me. Love them all!

11 comments:

Jenni said...

Your party looked SO FUN!!! Yay! You deserve it! I love all the pics! So wish I could have been there - looks like it was a party to remember!:)

Deb said...

sorry i missed the singing, but happy, happy birthday!

supersonicjan said...

I'm so glad I could be there! By the way, I got really excited for the Golden Globes yesterday when I was reading the nominees. I hope I'm not working that night so we can party!

Heidi said...

I'm missing out on all the fun here in Utah!

Amber said...

Happy Birthday! Man that looks like it was a blast. You deserve it. I am missing you all!

Julia said...

It was really fun; wish I could have stayed longer (didn't want to give you my cold). Knew you would like what I gave you, and your reaction was everything I'd hoped it would be :D Happy Birthday!

Jared - Christina said...

I am so sad I couldn't make it to your party! Looks like you were spoiled rotten and that is wonderful! :) Hope we all have a chance to get together again soon because I'm really missing everyone!

whitney allison said...

Looks like a blast! I hope she throws me a party like that some day!

carilarkins said...

And the winner of the most chins on display at a surprise party goes to---Cari Larkins. But it was a fun time!

Cami said...

Very fun! Wish I was there!

Corinne said...

I wish I could've been there - I am SO GLAD it was awesome! You deserve it!