I really enjoy eating out at restaurants. I love the atmosphere. I love scanning a menu. I love somebody bringing me food. I love how they clean up my dishes and how they insist I indulge in dessert. But I usually don't go to very expensive restaurants, because I eat out too often to afford that luxury. This week, however, we were invited by friends to go to a very nice restaurant. And at the invitation of Felicity & Nathaniel, I experienced my first French cuisine and I loved it! Nathaniel, our French speaking expert, helped interpret some of the things the waiter was saying and ordered some appetizers for us that I had never had before. We had clams, mussels, calamari, Pate de Campagne, Saucisse Grille Alsacienne (fancy sausage & potatoes) and a cold tomato soup. The waiter announced the soup had no alcohol, which confused me until Nathaniel explained alcohol is put in a lot of the dishes.
You'd think after all those appetizers we'd be full, but no. We were just getting started. Our main dishes were Viande du Marche (the meat of the day). Not sure what it was but I tasted Chris' and it was good. We also had Canard (duck) and I got Filet Mignon. It just melted in my mouth.
10 comments:
Even La Madeline just won't be the same for you again LOL!
never heard of the place. Sounds good though!
Sounds so yummy! I have never had french food. It looks fabulous.
Yum! I've never tried French food before. I need to branch out from the usual. (Taco Bell)
MMMMmmmm Sounds loverly. !!! No Escargots tho?
Oooh oooh I love Tersiguels!! That's were Adrian and I went for my 30th birthday and I insisted on eating my chocolate mousse while you all were waiting!!(Do you blame me now??!:)) What a fun night with friends and great food!
Oh that sounds so good. I haven't ever had French food either. Hmmm... maybe I'll have to try it. (:
oh yum. i was already hungry when i started reading and now i'm ravenous. thanks a lot. :)
I think 80% of your posts are of restaurants.... sounds yummy!
Oh my goodness! This looks fantastic. I like eating.
Post a Comment