Friday, September 11, 2009

Weekend Update

Our time at our neighborhood pool is over. Unfortunately the pools close Labor Day weekend no matter what the weather is like. But they do throw a fun catered party with a DJ, dancing and dining. What makes it so great are all my close friends who joined the pool so we had a great summer swimming together. Well, the kids would do most of the swimming while we would talk, occasionally read, and talk some more.

After four days of school, the kids had four days off. Chris went off to California for his grandma's 90th birthday. He was able to see family members he hadn't seen in years. I love the picture with him and his older brothers. He's bigger than both of them now, which is nice since they used to pound on him when they were younger.
For Labor Day we took the kids to the circus. This was their first time, as well as my first time seeing a circus. They loved the clowns, elephants, the acrobats and the man getting shot out of the cannon. Selena had cotton candy for the first time. She begged and begged for it. Then after we paid $5 for it, she tasted it and declared, "I don't like it." Sophia and Alec happily finished it off for her. Then she asked for popcorn, soda, balloons, lighted wands. Holy cow they were selling everything there. We stayed strong though and bought nothing else.

























We ended our long weekend at Chevy's where the girls loved their lemons, the boys loved their drinks and I loved not having to cook!

6 comments:

Jann said...

It looks like you had so much fun. Good job making the last few moments of summer memorable.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I can attest to the fact that Chris' brothers use to pound on him! They use to pound on each other as well though! Lol I was witness to many of those poundings and never wanted two boys let alone three boys so close together! I love that pictures of the three of them! I would love a copy. Good memories!

Christie said...

Looks like a good time...We've never done the circus either. Love that picture of all you hot mamas at the pool!!

Heidi said...

I want to come to the pool with you guys next year!

WilliamsFamily said...

Looks like so much fun. What a cute family!

Jenni said...

Fun fun!! Those pool times sounded like serious fun! I need to take my kids to the circus - I loved it when I was little!