Thursday, May 14, 2009

Yes, Mendy -- I Loved It

I enjoy my days when I don't have to work, don't have anywhere to go, I can sleep in, stay in my sweats and not have to see anyone. Well, I have one friend who seems to know when I have these days, how much I enjoy staying home and being homely, but insists on dragging me out of my house anyway.

Mendy said we were going on a picnic to Brighton Dam. She said there were tons of azaleas blooming and I would be in awe and say, "Oh, wow! How did you know this was here? It's so pretty" blah-blah-blah.

I told her I would go on her little picnic adventure, but I wouldn't comment on how pretty it was and I wouldn't be impressed.

Well, as we walked around this huge garden by the water, it was gorgeous! I forgot I was going to stay unimpressed and said how amazing this place was.
Mendy said, "No! You're not allowed to comment on how pretty it is."
But it was amazing. The girls loved running down the paths and smelling all the flowers. Then we went to the park, ate lunch, ran into more friends, and Mendy got to rub it in on the drive home that I had a good time despite my attitude.
Even though I do complain and give Mendy a hard time when she drags me off of my couch, I do appreciate her introducing me to new places that I otherwise would never discover.

10 comments:

Mendy said...

You're welcome. (I think there was a thank you in there.) It really was a gorgeous day to go there and I'm glad you came!

cechols said...

I am glad you have friends like Mendy who drag you out of the comforts of your home to see the real world!! I forgot what it's like to not be able to see the sky for the trees. That green color is lost to me as well!!

Jenni said...

Oh my goodness that place is beautiful!! I'm so like you - I like to hang out in my comfy clothes as much as possible!:)

Diana said...

Wow, what a beautiful place! I'm glad you ventured out. It's always a good thing.

Jann said...

It was so fun to see you there.

Kellie said...

I'm so glad you liked it. It is good to get dragged off the couch occasionally, though I, like you, always resent it initially.

Amber said...

That looks so pretty, what a great friend you have.:-) You all look beautiful, what cute pictures.

WilliamsFamily said...

Wow! What a pretty spot!

Corinne said...

Well done, friend!

erin sheely said...

Those are beautiful pictures! I definitely have to get there some day. I'm so glad you had a good time!